The Correct Answers

-CHAPTER FIVE-

The Correct Answers

'Joseph is not a Slytherin!' Dimitri was yelling angrily. 'We've never been separated in our life and now look what happens!'

'Well...this kind of stuff does happen sometimes,' Albus tried to say but Dimitri cut him off with a sizzling glare.

'Look!' Rose shouted suddenly. 'A lot of people who have been together their whole life get separated! Be lucky that you can still see Joseph everyday and talk to him and send owls to him unlike my uncle who's twin brother died in the Battle of Hogwarts!'

There was a long silence. The topic of Fred and George Weasley rarely was brought up in conversation.

'The Battle of Hogwarts?' Dimitri croaked. 'What's that?'

Albus, Rose, Max and Jessica exchanged pained looks.

'The battle between good and evil,' Jessica said. 'The classic one.'

'How?' Dimitri asked. 'What happened?'

Albus bit his lip. 'I don't know all the details. Dad told me everything from his time at Hogwarts and everything that he found out but nothing about grandma or grandpa. Nothing about Voldemort either.'

He noticed Jessica grip the chair handles tightly at the mention of Voldemort.

'What?' he asked. 'I thought the 'flinching at 'his' name' was all over now.'

'It is,' Jessica said. 'I just...nothing. I'm fine.'

'Can someone explain, please?' Dimitri asked.

'I'll explain what I know,' Albus decided. He sat down by the fire and sorted through a few books from his rucksack.

'What are you looking for?' Max asked.

'Dad wrote down four copies of his story of Hogwarts,' Albus said. 'One for Teddy, one for James, one for me and one for Lily. We're all supposed to read it before we go to Hogwarts so we know the truth. You should know too, Dimitri."

He opened the book and exhaled shakily. Then he started to read out everything that his father had written. From Harry's eleventh birthday to the day of the Battle of Hogwarts. Everything he'd found out in between. The Dark Lord's lack of love, Quirrell, Lockhart, The Chamber of Secrets, the Basilisk, Sirius Black, Buckbeak the Hippogriff, the Marauder's Map, Wormtail, The Triwizard Tournament, The Goblet of Fire, Mad-Eye Moody, Neville's parents' torture, the cup and the Portkey, Cedric Diggory, the dreams, Occlumency, the Department of Mysteries, Sirius's death, Slughorn, Snape, the cave, the horcruxes, the journey, Dumbledore and his death, the wedding, the search for the horcruxes, the break in to Gringotts and then finally, The Battle of Hogwarts. The battle's deaths, secrets, sacrifices, saviors and the one, heart stopping moment of the Dark Lord's death. It was over two hours by the time Albus finished the story and he, Max, Rose, Jessica and Dimitri were the only ones left in the common room. Albus finished at the last words of 'enough trouble for a lifetime' and snapped the book shut. There was a long, strained silence.

'I had no idea,' Dimitri whispered finally. Albus looked up and saw Max curled up in an armchair, looking at Jessica who was looking very pale. Albus didn't blame her. Rose was crying.

'See?' Albus said. 'We're all capable of great good and great evil. Maybe Joseph was put into Slytherin so he could prove which one he was more capable of.'

'Why weren't we put into Slytherin, then?' Dimitri asked. Nobody answered.

'Perhaps,' Jessica spoke up. 'We also need to prove ourselves. Perhaps we weren't put in Slytherin so we could prove ourselves.'