Chapter IV: What Fall May See

When she first said she loved me, my heart stopped. I felt invincible, like i could take on anything and that as long as i had her nothing could hurt me, or her, and that the impossible was a kiss away.

Fall Grubbs. September 1876

        I hear the creeking of a wagon, the teams halters rattleing with every step. I have came to in a wagon with my eyes blind-folded, a piece of cloth in my mouth so i cant scream, and my hands and feet are tied. What am i going to do. My thoughts are running, I think of my son, my daughter, my home what has become of them. Then i think of my husband, why did he have to go. When he convinced my to come up here i thought he would stay with me forever and not go anywhere with the rest of us. I feel angry with him, the low life belly crawler. I think to myself,"Hell if i never see him again, it will be to soon. I can't believe he left me alone in the wilderness."

        Then i think back to our wedding. He said he would always do what was best for us, best for the family, and i realized that the reason that he left was to get more cattle and some horses to sell so we could have meat and warm clothes for the winter. I start to cry thinking about my thoughts the second before. "No, i want the love of my life here, please save me, i want to feel the warm embrace of your arms and the soft touch of your lips on mine. Please come for me Garrett, please."

        Then from the front of the wagon i hear this, "Hey guy's she awake, what should we do with her?"

        "Nothing," i hear in a deep voice, " She is here to draw out the Ranger, when we get him then you can do what ever you want. But until then you don't lay a fingure on her."

        "GO TO HELL, ALL OF YOU. MY HUSBAND WILL FIND ME AND KILL ALL OF YOU. AND YOU CAN COUNT ON THAT YOU BASTARD'S"

        "I'll show you a bastard there girly." that was the last thin i remember after i was hit and knocked unconcious. But my mind wandered to the thought of my love riding up on a clear day and rescuing me from these horrible people. then i kept thinking "I love you, boom boom boom my heart beats fast for you, boom boom boom.