Chapter V: So close it feels like Fall

I made it back to Miles City where I found P. He gave me a not that said they will meed me at the edge of the territory on the Canadian border. I felt myself begin to cry. At this point i didn't care what anybody thought. A mother and her daughter walked past and i heard the daughter say,"Mommy, Why is that man crying?"

        "Sweety," she said,"Men have tears just like we do."

        "Is he hurt?"

        "I don't know sweety, i don't know."

        I collapsed on the ground after i heard that. That woman's wisdom and heart made me think of Fall's. I felt warm tears roll down my face and stop at the beard i had grown the past several day. But i let out a smile when i thought about the time when she opened our texas home to an old woman who had been wandering across the territory. I'll never forget that woman. She is the one who convinced me to marry my Fall. She said,"If you don't marry that young woman someone else who doesn't care for her like you do will. I see how you two look at each other, you have something that is very rare in most couples." I told her thank you the next morning when she left to get back to her travels. The next week i got word that she was killed by a half Mexican half Cherokee bandit that goes by the name Cherokee Jack. I felt for that woman, not knowing what her purpose was on her trip, but thinking about it now maybe it was to get me to marry Fall.

        "What are you going to do?" asked P

        "I'm gonna find that son of a bitch that took my wife and send him to straight to hell." and i set out for the border with i fire in my soul, a longing in my heart, and a tear in my eye.