-=So Normal=-

-=Alex's POV=-
I'd always been just been normal. I wasn't too popular. I didn't come from a rich family. I wasn't poor either. I had normal friends, male and female. We hung out sometimes at normal places. I did normal things, like sports and video games. I dated sometimes. I had tried both women and men. I didn't really like either. My life was completely normal. I'd experimented enough, hadn't I? I was 19 years old, I worked at a convenience store part-time, as well as a cafe, to pay for college classes. I was learning to become a chef. I was single at the time, and lived in a small apartment, with my dog, Eve. I didn't drink or smoke, I partied sometimes, I attended class like a normal college sophomore. Everything was normal. My life was almost always normal. Almost. My parents had gotten divorced, and my best friend moved away in middle school.
But even those were pretty normal things that most likely didn't just happen to me. Sometimes I wondered what had happened to Jackson. Sometimes I wondered why my parents divorced. But everything was obvious after a while. A rich kid like him probably should be in a private school. And my father was a lazy bum who did nothing but drink during his time with my mother. I still talked to her. So life wasn't too bad. The divorce rate is pretty high in America, so it's not a shocker, I don't think.
"Alex, stop daydreaming and help me lift this," One of my co-workers, a spunky girl named Ashley, snapped at me. She was older than me, 25, I think, and was pretty lazy. She owned the store, so I didn't complain, but it was annoying from time to time. I quickly walked over, and picked up the box, huffing as I pushed it onto the shelf. She smacked her lips, then turned as a customer walked in. As he was perusing, Ashley walked over to the counter. She looked up at the clock. "It's 'bout time for you to head home, kid."
I looked up as well, and cracked my knuckles. I slid my jacket on, and grabbed my backpack. It was snowing outside, which was rather normal for a place like Michigan. "See you later, Ashley!" I stated, pushing the door open. I slowly unlocked my car door and slid in, shivering. It was 9pm, and I knew Eve would be waiting excitedly for my return.
As soon as I opened the door, Eve began barking excitedly and jumping around. I smiled widely, shutting the door. Setting my bag down and slipping out of my shoes, I started to pet her. She was a dog I'd gotten from the pound about a year ago. She was a mix between a Husky and German Shepherd, and she was the greatest dog ever. She followed me excitedly to the living room, as I turned on the tv, then walked into the kitchen. She sat by her bowl, watching the tv screen. I filled up her bowl with dog food, and pulled a container of leftovers from a few days ago out of the fridge. After heating it up, I sat on the couch and began eating. Eve jumped into my lap and laid down, ears perked as we watched Supernatural.
It was a normal night. A typical night. It was perfect.