-=I Want Them, Too=-

-=Alex's POV=-
I thought about last night, as I lay in bed, eyes wide. Everything kept replaying in my head. Jackson had left about five minutes afterwards, due to someone calling him. Sighing, I gently petted Eve's head. I thought about Jackson. I'd promised. And if I was to protect him, what was I doing laying in bed?? I picked up my phone, determined. I tapped on his contact and texted him a hello.
He didn't respond. I waited. After five minutes, I decided to call him. It was ringing, and he didn't pick up. Sighing, I put my phone down, and laid back down. It was late anyways...
-=Jackson's POV=-
I yawned, looking down at my phone. There were seventeen texts, all from Alex. I guess he was serious then? Jesus. I replied, noticing he had called as well. I had been a little...busy. It wasn't really a secret. I slept around. It was very clear that I was not dating any of them, however. A few had asked, and I immediately cut ties with those few. I wasn't looking for a boyfriend. Just anyone to satisfy my urges. I sighed, looking at his texts. He'd asked where I'd been and why I hadn't responded.
It was cute, he seemed to care. So much. So sweet. So innocent. His love for me was so pure. I guess I'm just a slut then. I constantly imagined him and I sleeping together. It was very sexy, and I guess if I were to let anyone fuck me more than once, it'd definitely be him. I'd let him do it everyday, if he wanted to. I blushed slightly, staring at my phone. I sighed. It's pretty pathetic, isn't it? A guy sleeping around with everyone because his crush didn't like him back...
I guess it wasn't just that. I sighed, trying not to think about it. The pictures flew through my mind, and I felt momentarily scared. Alex. I wanted him, now. Glaring, I texted him. I asked if I could come over. It took him a moment to respond, but apparently he was at work. I sighed, growling. Of course. My stomach churned with slight hunger, but I ignored it. I had received another text. Someone from school, I guess. He wanted to "hang out." I rolled my eyes.
As if I was stupid enough not to know that he wanted to get in my pants. I slowly typed back a "Sure~" making sure to use that squiggle, because it makes you seem...more friendly? More innocent? I put my phone back in my pocket. Whatever.
-=Alex's POV=-
Jackson had asked to hang out earlier. I had been at the cafe, and now stood behind the counter at the convenience store. I sighed, checking the time. 30 minutes. I'd texted Jackson back once my shift started here, saying I'd love to hang out after my shift. There was no response.
"Stop daydreaming about your boyfriend and get over here," Ashley shouted at me. I snapped up, blushing slightly, and sped over. I'd told her about him, and she kept acting like I was in love with him. She handed me the mop. "Clean up the bathroom floor, then you can go," she stated, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.
I nodded, taking the mop and getting to work. It was already pretty clean. We didn't get customers often who used the restroom. And Ashley and I were constantly cleaning it. I finished up quickly, and set the "Floor is Wet" sign down, then walked the mop back to the supply closet. Ashley smiled at me as I walked back to the counter to gather my belongings up. "He's coming over, isn't he?" She asked. I shrugged, pulling out my phone. He had said "Sure, I'll be there." I looked back up at her. "I guess so," I replied.
She nodded, with a knowing expression, before pointing to the medicine aisle. Specifically the condom section. "Those might come in handy," she teased. I rubbed my nose with two fingers, and sighed. "You're hopeless. Anyways, goodnight Ashley," I said, and walked outside.
As soon as I got home, I let Eve out to use the restroom, and began to cook something. Jackson was on his way, so I wanted the food to be something I knew he liked. "Ah, he's always loved spaghetti! Everyone loves spaghetti." I looked for the noddles, and the other ingredients, then got to work. As soon as I finished, there was a knock at the door. I let Eve in, then sped to the door. Jackson, looking slightly ruffled and messy, stood in the doorway. He walked in, and I shut the door. "I've just made dinner, sit at the table."
He nodded and sat down. As I served the food, I watched him stretch. As he moved his arms, his scarf shifted, and I noticed a bruise on his cheek. I slowly set the pan of spaghetti down. "What's that mark on your cheek?" I asked, leaning toward him. He glared, covering it with his hand. He looked slightly annoyed. "It's nothing."
He reached for his fork, but I slid his plate away. "Ah, Ah, you aren't eating until you tell me the truth," I murmured. "And don't say you fell, I know you didn't fall." He rolled his eyes, sighing. "Fine. I met with a guy from school, and he got a little rough." I stared, eyes wide. I felt rather pissed, and not just because he hadn't told me sooner. He reached for his food, and I threw my hand down in front of the plate. "Who?" I asked.
He stood up, trying to reach around me, and I slid the food farther away. "I just wanna eat!" He whined, reaching over my arm. His foot caught on the table leg, and he fell forward. Before he could hit the ground, I quickly caught him, holding his waist. He tried to wriggle away. "Let go of me, Alex." I shook my head. "Not until you tell me who."
He sighed loudly. "I don't know the damn name! I meet lots of guys, who don't tell me their names," he spat, trying to push me away. I finally let go, and he straightened up. "I wanted you to protect me, but this shit isn't important!" He snapped. I glared at him, shaking my head. "Yes, it is! You shouldn't be sleeping around in the first place. So many things could go wrong!"
He rolled his eyes. "Oh whatever, I don't care." I instinctively grabbed his wrists as he tried to turn away. "Stop sleeping with other people." He tried to pull away, his cheeks flushed. "No thank you. And who are you to tell me what to do? You aren't my father, or my boyfriend," he muttered. I stared. "I just want to make sure nothing happens to you," I replied. He glared. "It's too late, things already happened! And none of it matters, you..." I cut him off, glaring. "Why did you say you wanted my protection if you really don't?"
He looked down, and went sort of limp. I let his hands fall to his sides. "You're just an idiot, you know that?" I tried to think of what to do. Fine, if he won't listen to me as a friend...
"Then how about we date! I'll be your boyfriend. And you'll stop sleeping with those people!" I exclaimed. He looked completely outraged, and he suddenly swung his hand into my face, slapping me. "You're so fucking stupid!" He yelled, and ran off. Before I could catch him, he'd slammed the door. I stared at the closed door, confused. What had I done wrong?