-=Keeping Promises=-

-=Alex's POV=-
It was 6pm, and Jackson was still asleep in my room. I looked through Netflix, sighing. He'd definitely changed. He would have never slept around or even slept with anyone for that matter back then. Well, anyone but me. He always smiled. Now he constantly looked like he were somewhere else in his mind, and he seemed sad. I sighed again, and heard someone mumble something. I looked up. Jackson stood in the doorway to my bedroom, rubbing his eyes. His hair was messy and ruffled, and his clothes were wrinkled and exposing part of his hips and stomach. I felt a strange urge, and I looked at the tv. "Welcome back!" I murmured to him.
He sat down beside me, part of his collarbone exposed now. He looked at the tv and I tried not to look at him. "What are we watching?" He muttered, seeming wide awake but also sort of dead. I put on a random show, and it turned out to be Supernatural. He looked at me, and I glanced at him. "Why are you acting like that?" He murmured. "Look at me, stupid," he hissed, grabbing my face. I looked at him, and he let go, his hand on my leg.
"You're acting like a 16 year old boy in the middle of raging hormones," he murmured. I shook my head, and started to fix his shirt for him. "There," I replied. He looked down, then back up at me, then back down again. I fixed his hair as well, which was soft, like silk. He grabbed my wrists, and stared up at me. "I left you." He whispered. I sighed, nodding. "You promised me."
I stared, examining his face. "You didn't keep your promise," he hissed. I tilted my head. "You left, how could I?" He frowned. "Then keep it now. I'm here. Stay by my side. Don't leave my side," he said, his voice quiet. He looked worried, like I'd say no. Like I'd slap him. Like I would hurt him or let him be hurt. I narrowed my eyes. "Of course I'll keep my promise."
He relaxed, letting his shoulders sink, and he pressed his face against my chest. I slid my arms around him. "Alex, you're still so warm. You're so warm," he whispered, his voice muffled by my shirt. It sounded like he was feeling the sun for the first time. I stared down at him, and he looked up at me. "Protect me," he said, his voice sounding desperate, yet commanding. I nodded furiously. "With my life. I will protect you forever. I promise." He sighed, and then he was silent.