✴️1. Kalopsia✴️

N. The delusion of things being more beautiful than they really are.

******************************

"I miss you guys." Luna sighed into the phone while she toyed with her long brown hair.

"We miss you too sweetheart." Her father's deep voice reverberated through her speaker. It had been two weeks since her parents had left on a business trip to Paris. It happened every year like clockwork. Fashion enthusiasts would throw parties and host meetings to hear about the latest trends and upcoming designs from all the top fashion designers. Her parents just happened to be the biggest power couple in America when it came to fashion.

"How much longer will you be gone?" She whined.

"Six weeks." It was her mother this time that answered. "We would have been back in two, but, well..." She trailed off with a hint of excitement in her voice.

"Mom, what is it?" Luna sat up from her place in the hot tub, her long hair draping down her back and flowing out around her in the water.

"Our newest designs got picked up by someone really well known and we couldn't pass up the opportunity to collaborate with them on a winter line." Luna squealed in delight for her parents.

"That's amazing, you two have been dying to do a collab. Who's the new partner?" She tapped her long almond nails on the porcelain sides. The teal blue polish the color of the ocean she had a view of from her deck.

"Your mother is screaming into her scarf right now, sweetheart. She was trying to come up with an elaborate way to tell you, but since she's incapacitated at the moment I'll just let you in." Her dad chuckled on his end. "Have you ever heard of a woman by the name of Sadie Frost?"

Luna leapt up from the hot tub. "Sadie Frost!" She shouted, startling the great dane beside her. "She's my idol! I have all her albums and all of her clothes from her first launch three years ago!" She hopped out and wrapped a towel around herself.

"I know, sweetheart." He laughed at her reaction before turning to a more serious tone. "I'm sure being a fan of hers that you're aware how quickly she works and how much of a perfectionist she is. She wants to start designing right away." He sighed heavily, "I'm so sorry we're missing your birthday."

Luna frowned, padding her barefeet across the white carpet towards the stairs. "It's okay. Either way you guys would have been gone, but I understand. I'm excited for you two! You've worked really hard for this. Plus, I think Jeffree and Alex are planning something for me tonight. I'm not sure what. I was just told to wear a dress so maybe we'll go somewhere fancy instead of some scummy bar." I cringed at the thought of going to a local bar.

"Just be safe, sweetheart. I won't patronize you or pretend that this is the night you'll have your first drink," Luna smirked at his words, "but this will be your first legal drink. So just make sure you're with your friends all night and don't fall for any of the bullshit that men feed you. And call me as soon as you wake up, don't worry about the time difference." Before she could respond there was a pausing on his line. "Oh, I have to go Luna. Sadie is calling in. I love you, enjoy your twenty first birthday!"

"I love you too, Dad." She muttered as the line went dead.

A moment of sadness invaded her mind and she walked along the foyer and up the stairs to her room. It was the second door on her right, and the biggest room in the East wing. Her parents shared a bedroom in the West wing, giving her her privacy ever since she turned sixteen.