✴️5. Dathúil✴️

Irish adj. A pleasure to the eyes.

Callum MacBrady

I watched that pompous bastard as he sat in his Bentley, letting his father do his talking like always. It was early for my time, but they were late to leave so it evened out nicely.

"Should we go inside? The meeting starts in fifteen minutes and we can get some coffee first." My agent unbuckled his seat belt and waited for my say so.

I ignored his request. "Look at this little fucking weasel hiding in his car. Can you fucking believe him, Jack? Fucking pussy." I glared at the Englishman from across the parking lot.

"So is that a no on the coffee?" Jack raised an eyebrow at me and made me cackle.

"Fuck your coffee, mate!" I shoved him into his door and stepped out of my side. "Let's see if we meet that little fucker's brother in the lobby. I'd like to give him a good beating." Jack caught up with me nervously.

"Callum, I know this family has fucked with you in the past and stuff but I don't think it's wise to start a fight before Saturday. You'll get your one on one, but not here." He raised his hands in defense when I swiveled around to face him.

"Are you my fucking mother now?" I growled out. "I'm a grown man, Jack, don't fucking lecture me. Don't you fucking do it." I warned him. Truth be told I like the man. He was a good agent. He never took a fight for me that was less than nine figure pay and for that I kept him around. It couldn't have been an easy job for him half the time. Between my temper and my aggressive nature, fighting was my only outlet. Sometimes I just couldn't wait for the grand finale and I needed to get it over with sooner. It must be a nightmare for Jack to constantly keep me from going back to jail.

"Alright, okay." He backed down and followed quietly behind.

"I bet they went in there and talked shit to the James's. Little fuckers." My fists clenched at the thought.

"About that." I cocked a brow. "Nothing bad! I just forgot to tell you that the James's are still away so we'll be meeting with their daughter and their planning committee."

I curled my lip back in anger. "What? You're telling me I have to sit down with some spoiled rich girl and a bunch of old men?" I shook my head angrily. "Un-fucking-real."

"Look, I know how it seems but she's really alright. It's not the first time she's sat in for her parents. It's not like she's a teenager." He defended as we pushed through the doors to the kiosk up front.

The woman at the front desk stood up promptly and stumbled over her words. "Mr. MacBrady, um, please, have a seat. I'll phone Miss James right away." Her eyes darted to the line of chairs in the corner.

"I'm not waiting in a lobby, I'll go up now." I kept my pace steady and headed for the elevators.

"But-" she tried to stop me but Jack got in her way, cutting her off.

I hit the button and got inside as soon as the car came down. "How old is she then?" I relented. She had to be young and an amateur at that, but at least she wasn't some eighteen year old fangirl that would drop her panties upon seeing me.

"She just turned twenty one over the weekend." He cringed at my reaction.

I took a deep breath and slicked back my strawberry blonde hair. Normally it was styled in a high faded hard part but I had made the decision to go to the gym before the meeting in an attempt to blow off some steam. It wasn't the most business like I'd ever looked but I felt comfortable in my black vneck and fitted blue jeans. My black and white trainers had a small dirt stain on the side from going for runs in them, but it made no matter. This wasn't going to be a public affair.