✴️8. Mellifluous✴️

Adj. A sound that is sweet and smooth, pleasing to hear.

Callum MacBrady

The clock read 6:54.  I couldn't wait in the car any longer, my hands were shaking with the urge to knock on her door.  I hit the steering wheel once I'd made the decision to go inside.

Her house was just a step below mine in grandeur.  It made me feel like I had something I could show off to her.  I jogged up the steps, taking time to make sure my suit was perfect and smoothed down before I rang the doorbell. The silky gray three piece suit was tailored to fit me snug, putting all my muscles and toned form on display.  A thought occured to me that I never told her where we were going or how to dress.

I pushed the doorbell and waited. Half of me hoped she would answer and the other half wanted the help to.  The door swung open to reveal a short Hispanic woman.  "Mr. MacBrady.  Please come in, Miss James is just-"

"Right here." I heard Luna's angelic voice from the top of the stairs.  My face lit up at her presence.  From the moment I saw her I knew I needed to have her.  She was beautiful.  The only thing that made my smile fade was the sight of her tapping her fingernails on the banister in a bathrobe at seven o'clock.

"You look-" I began.

"Not ready.  I know, I'm sorry.  You never told me if it was a casual date or a classy date.  I have two outfits laying upstairs once you give me the green light." She looked nervous, I liked that I wasn't the only one.

My smile returned.  "I'd like to believe that every date with me is classy."

She pursed her lips and tapped her nails once more.  "Bathrobe it is then?"

I loved how adorable she looked pretending to be impatient.  "We're going out to a nice restaurant and maybe another nice place later." I watched in amusement as she raced back to her room, leaving me alone with the maid.  Luckily I wasn't left alone for long.  Luna returned with a dress that made my jaw drop.

A full length red dress that was the definition of form fitting was hugging every delicious curve of her body. She held the hem up around her silvery white high heels that couldn't have been thicker than my pinky. It dipped low to create a plunging neckline that had me wanting to see more.  She stepped down to the bottom and I noticed how she pulled the sides of her long hair up to showcase her diamond earrings that dangled elegantly from her lobes.  She had pulled sections of her curls forward to hide her bare shoulders.  I noticed the modest smile she held on her nude painted lips when she gauged my reaction and she spun slowly to show off her wardrobe. 

The back was barely more than a strip of fabric

The back was barely more than a strip of fabric.  It rested at her lower back and proudly exhibited her flawless tanned skin.  "Will this do?" She asked in a small voice.