✴️15. Misanthrope✴️

N. A person who dislikes humankind and avoids human society.

Enjoy 😉

Amon Perceval

"How delicious is it to taste fear?" I raised a glass into the air and received a mixture of smiles and scowls.  John, of course, was set in a grimace. 

"What do you enjoy more brother?  The taste of human flesh, or the sound of your own voice?" Claire quipped lightly and swirled the champagne in her flute.

"I quite like them both." I admitted with a beaming smile.

My father patted Emily's leg as she sipped her own beverage.  As usual she kept a permanent sneer on her delicate porcelain face.  Such an ugly expression for someone so beautiful.  "And how is your little pet, Amon?" My father asked without looking away from his wife.

"My pet?" All eyes were on me.  John and Remy were waiting for my response while Claire and Alice simply looked on with small smirks.

"I'm assuming you've got the James' girl under your compulsion.  It would be unwise to risk her finding out about our family by allowing her to have full control over her mind and actions.  But I don't think I need to explain that to you, you're a smart boy." He said condescendingly.

I cleared my throat.  "No sir." I agreed.

Remy's eyes lit up.  "Actually father, I witnessed, myself, the lack of hold he has on her."

I glared at him from across the table.  Always looking for opportunities to appear as though he is the golden child.  "What do you mean by that, Remington?"

Remy finished off his drink and smiled widely.  His bruise had swelled up quite a bit since the fight.  His eye was completely shut on the right, but I knew that it would be gone tomorrow morning.  He'd be forced to wear prosthetics for a few days to act as if it was still there.  Why he chose to be in the spotlight for this lifetime, I hadn't the foggiest idea.

"I may have dropped by to visit her." He started.

"Visit her or rape her?" I interrupted.

"Amon!  Let your brother tell the story." My father shut me up.  He waved his hand at Remy to continue.

"A bit of both if I'm being honest." He admitted without shame.  "You can't really blame me can you?  You've all smelled her, I'm sure of it." I looked around the table to everyone nodding their heads, including Claire and Alice.  "Regardless of my intentions, I went to her home at night.  Pretty little thing she was, doing yoga topless."

I smashed my glass on the table, shards dug into my palm and the webbings of my fingers.  "Control your temper!" Emily bellowed as if she had any real authority over me.

"Amon showed up late, as usual, and she was terrified of him.  Not really the reaction one under compulsion has with their master.  If you ask me, Amon has no intention of compulsing her at all." He stood and grabbed  the decanter on the china hutch to pour himself another unnecessary drink.

"Why does it matter if I'm not going to hurt her?" I mumbled.

I was met with Claire laughing.  "Not going to hurt her?  Are you turning over a new leaf then?  When have you ever met a pretty girl that you didn't destroy within a few months.  Especially one so... delectable." She mused.