°track 15

With a month left before the big awards ceremony, the boys continued to practice

With a month left before the big awards ceremony, the boys continued to practice. They were to perform at the ceremony this year and were nominated for many awards. It's an unspeakable amount of hard work that led them to this. It's kind of hard to believe what they do when they don't consider themselves an idol group. 

It's a thought that rarely appears in one's mind; what second lives do your favourite idols possibly have? Will we ever know who they really are? It's always been the image of an artist that gives you the impression of them as a person. They're all just the same as you and me, they're human, why does it matter to know the truth? Maybe it's better off hidden away as a secret. Some things are meant to be left unchanged and some things are meant to be done to protect others. However, when is it the right time to make a change and reveal a secret?

"Hey hyung pass over the TV remote," said Taehyung as he took a seat right next to Yoongi.

The rest of the members joined them and decided to watch the news together. Surprisingly, the event that happened just the other between the boys and Mr. Lee was being discussed by the media. All seven of the boys watched intently as the news reporter explained the situation. The police handled all the press conferences and spoke on behalf of the boys to conceal their identities. 

//"Um police chief sir, can you please explain why Mr. Lee must be punished, specifically what he has done to make him fall into the position that he is in now?"//

//"The only information we will disclose is that Mr. Lee has done things to affect the lives of others. We will not give you the specific things he has done, that's all up to you for discussion."//

//"We have one more question, how did the police department handle the situation in apprehending the culprits?"//

Bzzt. Taehyung grabbed the remote control again and turned off the TV before letting out a sigh.

"What now Taehyung? What's on your mind?" asked Jimin with his cheek laying onto his hand.

"Don't you hate how we just let the police department take credit for everything we've done? I feel unaccomplished every time they do that," sighed Taehyung.

"Now now Taehyung, you know why we let them do that, it's to pro-" said Namjoon before getting cut off.

"Yeah yeah, to protect out identities, as if I haven't heard that more than twice," interrupted Taehyung with his arms crossed this time.

"I know this'll sound selfish, but I have to agree with Taehyung, it does get upsetting that we don't get acknowledged for the work we've done to protect the people," admitted Hoseok.

"Well if that's how you guys feel, maybe we should aim for a goal we can get credit for as Bangtan and not as hitmen," suggested Namjoon.

"And what might that be?" questioned Jungkook.

"Let's work hard to display an amazing performance at the awards ceremony next month and aim to win those awards that the ARMY have worked so hard to have us nominated for," smiled Namjoon.

"I like that idea! Good on you Namjoon," exclaimed Seokjin while patting Namjoon's back.

"As expected from our cool leader hyung," smiled Jimin.

"Then why don't we get to work then? I'm not going to let you guys slack off with those dance moves, got it?" threatened Hoseok with a laugh.

"I ain't moving," said Yoongi while blinking slowly, letting a yawn escape.

"Oh no hyung we're in this together, you ain't gonna slack off again," said Jungkook as he lifted Yoongi over his shoulder and carried him to the practice room.

Sounds of heavy breathing and empty crinkling water bottles were the only audible things in the practice rooms. The boys were tired out of their minds as they all laid down on the floor, wiping their sweat.

"Why is this more difficult than the missions Bang PD gives us?" complained Seokjin, "And I'm usually the one who complains about the dances being too hard."

"You just have low stamina because you're old,"laughed Jungkook.

"I beg your pardon!? Jeon Jungkook get your ass over here!" shouted Seokjin as he chased Jungkook around the practice room.

"And they said they were tired, look at them go," giggled Jimin with his hands covering his face from embarrassment.

"Should we stop them?" asked Taehyung.

"Nah, just let them tire themselves out," said Yoongi while all curled up, "It'll be better that way."

This was the only time the boys got to be their true selves, a rare moment; following their dreams as idols without a single care in the world, being the happiest they could ever be, but even though they were having the time of their lives, practicing what they were born to do, they weren't prepared for the next wave.