°track 17

Namjoon kicked the door open and the rest of the members scattered throughout the ninth floor office area, holding their guns in front of them ready to fire

Seokjin captured everyone's position and tilted his head toward the direction of foreign voices.

"I guess you're willing to really die for your line of work huh?" threatened someone, "Try to play the innocent act again and you'll really die here."

"No please, I'm only in charge of posting the article, not writing!" shouted someone else.

"That must be the hostage we're supposed to save," whispered Jimin quietly as he moved in position.

With a nod, Namjoon signalled the boys to make their move.

"Freeze!" shouted Namjoon, "I suggest you to back away from that man before you face further consequences."

The man who was threatening the hostage suddenly dropped everything and trembled in fear. It was clear that he wasn't expecting more company. Thankfully, to conceal the boy's identities, the empty lighting in the building casted shadows upon their faces, making them unrecognizable from the position they were standing at.

"Thank goodness, it's the security," sighed the hostage in relief.

"Don't come near me or I will hurt this man," threatened the man once more as he held the hostage closer.

The hostage shook in fear, mouthing the words 'save me'. The boys lowered their guns to lower the amount of intimidation that they were emitting. 

"Sir please, we just want you to cooperate with us," said Taehyung, "Now if you'd kindly let that man go, everything will be solved."

"NO NOTHING WILL BE SOLVED! There's no way I can possibly escape this, I'm ruined!" yelled the man. 

Namjoon checked his phone to get the confirmation of something before proceeding to talk to the man again, "Ah I was right, so Mr. Oh, what's causing all this distress for you?"

The man who was now identified by Namjoon as Mr. Oh lowered his defences in shock, "How did you know who I am? UGH THOSE DAMN ARTICLES!"

"It's part of our job sir, we don't simply take action without figuring out who we're facing," smiled Namjoon, "So why are you holding that man against his own will?"

"He... he... he is the one behind all of the articles that falsely accuse my line of work," answered Mr. Oh, "He ruined my company's reputation!"

"Are you sure it wasn't because you were doing a terrible job handling your company?" questioned Yoongi bluntly.

"Sh-sh-shut up! If it weren't for this guy's articles being posted, none of this would've happened," shouted Mr. Oh.

"For the last time, I did not write those articles," mentioned the hostage who was yet to be identified.

"It doesn't matter, you were the one who ended up posting the articles! Now everyone in the whole nation knows about it," exclaimed Mr. Oh, burning with fury.

"Well if you didn't do those shady things they wouldn't have had to post those articles, let alone even bother to write them," remarked Jungkook with a smirk, "You're the one who seems the most at fault here, blaming your mistakes on others, pathetic."

"Hard to believe that this guy's in charge of a company, a talent agency in fact," said Hoseok as shook his head in disappointment.

"According to our sources, you're being accused of tampering with the funds within your company as well as sajaegi a.k.a chart manipulation of the artist's under your company," noted Seokjin.

"You should be ashamed Mr. Oh, you shouldn't be doing that to your artist's, they will never know what hard work is if you do that," sighed Jimin, "If you didn't have faith in them succeeding by themselves why did you bother to tamper with the music industry's charts?"

"You know nothing about the music industry, I was simply boosting their chances," explained Mr. Oh, "Without that boost they never would've even gained any recognition."

"You'll be surprised about how much we know about the music industry sir," chuckled Namjoon, "But before I get into that, it seems as if you're trying to place the blame on your artist's for not boosting your company reputation."

"What are you sayin-"

"Let me explain, it seems like your company wasn't doing well from the start, so you thought that in order for your company to become recognized; you had to rely on illegal actions to boost your company's name. However, your use of your own company's funds to induce sajaegi became your downfall. And another conclusion is that you did not respect your artists' works or even encouraged them to succeed with determination. You simply took their hard work and threw it to the side, not only did you ruin your company's image, you also damaged the future of those artists. The media is powerful enough to make people not trust in those artists now, they're all just going to be labelled as the sajaegi artists, but of course the root of the problem and the solution all falls back on you Mr. Oh," explained Namjoon carefully.

Mr. Oh lets the man he was holding hostage loose from his grip, "No, I just wanted what was best for them..."

"What's best for them was your encouragement and trust that they could succeed, but you didn't give the artists under your company any of that," added Yoongi, "You were selfish for money to the point that you thought about the company itself before the people within your company."

"Now, please come with us Mr. Oh," said Seokjin, "There's no way of erasing what has already been done. And holding this man hostage won't do you any justice anyways because all he posted was the truth, not false accusations."

Mr. Oh fell to the ground and sobbed quietly. He was disappointed in himself for not being considerate of others. 

The boys called in the police officers on duty to come arrest Mr. Oh; he was pleaded guilty for conducting sajaegi and illegal hostage taking. With his arrest, the artists under his company were no longer labelled as the sajaegi artists but instead as talented and hard working artists.

The seven members of BTS smiled at each and patted each others' backs. They completed yet another mission without fail. However, the mission this time had reminded them about themselves, they were happy to know that their hard work as artists were being respected by the company that they were under.

Before the boys finally called it a night, the man being held hostage walked up to them. They all quickly covered their faces with spare masks that they all had on hand.

"Thank you so much for helping me out back there," said the man, "The things you said to Mr. Oh were very touching and knowledgable in my opinion, and I was hoping I could get an interview with you guys for an article."

"I apologize but interviews are not allowed in our line of work," said Namjoon, "Thank you for your interest though."

"Aw that's a pity, but here-" pouted the man as he handed them his business card, "This is my card, I am a journalist and a reporter for celebrity events here at this association. Please do give me a call if you ever change your minds."

"We will, thank you," nodded Namjoon.

The boys exited the building together and looked back at the building they were just in. They all yawned in unison as they loosened their bulletproof vests to get a ride back to their company. The award ceremony was to be held in a few days and the boys needed all the rest that they could to prepare for it. Besides, being assassins who secretly worked for the police as well as being idols isn't the easiest thing in the world after all.