Chapter ~28~

[A/N] so... I've got some devastating news.. I'm thinking Aftermath is gonna end soon... We may have 5-6 chapters MAX... I just feel like there's not much left... You all hate me more if possible now huh? Don't worry. There WILL be an Epilogue. (well, at least I'm pretty sure lol) so ya. I still can't access comments section on the retarded app so... You are ALL awesome :D but special shout out to @SonofHades4791 :D remember, he gave me some ideas of what should happen next so... Kill him not me! :D now, Chapta timeee!!!!

~Chapter ~28~ 3rd Person POV~

<•Stark Tower•>

Percy had confined himself to his room for the past two days.

He and Annabeth returned to the routine of her sitting outside his door and talking to him. Trying to coax him out.

Then, around 9:47 am, Friday morning, he came out.

The Avengers, plus Annabeth but minus Steve, sat around the large table, playing Monopoly. Tony had convinced Bruce to play, although it took at least twenty minutes of him asking Bruce over and over again, Clint thought Bruce was going to Hulk out and smash Tony's face in.

"Your turn." Tony said to Natasha, who took the dice and rolled. Just as the dice hit the board they heard a door open.
Everyone's attention turned to the hallway, and they all saw Percy walking out of his room. Annabeth noticed something, something different. He had a... strange aura around him. It seemed darker than the usually cheery atmosphere surrounding him, this one was like a low hanging cloud of anger around him. And there was something different in his eyes... a new fire she hadn't ever seen before, a new determination.

There were upsides to this new Percy, but, they may not be able to outweigh the downsides.

"Percy?" Annabeth asked from her seat at the table.

"I'm going after Calypso and Loki," He said sternly, "anyone else who wants to come is welcome. But it won't be a walk in the park. "

Annabeth stood and walked over to him. She pulled him into a tight embrace. Percy hesitated, then hugged her back.

"Always." she whispered into his ear, as she pulled away to stand by his side.

One by one, each of the Avengers stood. Except Steve, who would never stand with them again.

"We may not have saved Steve," Tony said, "but you can be pretty damn sure we will avenge him."

And so it was settled. The remainder of the Avengers, and two demigods, set out to find two all powerful beings.

<•PERCY'S POV, HALF AN HOUR LATER•>

Everyone needed time to 'suit up'. Well, except Annabeth, Bruce, and I.

We all sat around the now cleared off table, that less then an hour ago had held a monopoly board. We were currently trying to devise a strategy.

"Alright," Annabeth said, "we'll draw them out into the open, they've made it clear they need Percy, so they'll probably jump at the chance if he's all alone. Clint, Natasha, you two go on the rooftops, give us a bird's-eye view, Thor and Tony, take to the skies. We'll call you for backup once we've spotted them. Bruce, once we have Loki's position locked, we're sending you in. Just do what you do. Percy," Annabeth stopped and looked at me, "we'll use you as bait. I'll be standing by in a building nearby watching you. Got it?"

There was a chorus of assent from around the table.

"Hopefully, this'll draw them out." Annabeth mumbled quietly, yet I still picked up on her words.