Ackley High school

I stayed in my room for the whole weekend, nobody came to check on me but then again when do they? I focused on school all day Sunday which made me really scared and then next thing you know it's Monday. The first morning of me being a freshman, the bright side of this whole school thing is I get to stay away from home for eight hours. I woke up and brushed my teeth I then picked out my clothes, my shirt was a beautiful coral color with a nice flow at the bottom my jeans were a light blue with tears on the knees they weren't to big or too small just right. I found a curling iron in the back of my bathroom drawer, my mom must of left it here when she left.

        I began to curl my hair it looked really nice the nicest it looked in five years, by the time I was done it was 7:00 a.m in thirty minutes the bus would arrive and I was free. I grabbed some bobby pins and pinned my hair back, I then took one last look in the mirror and put on my shoes. I was really down because I didn't get a new backpack but we didn't have the money so I grabbed my beat up purple Jansport which had holes at the bottom from all my books, I was ready to go.

        I crept down stairs hoping I wouldn't wake my dad I didn't want to face him after what happened on Saturday. I was half way down the stairs when I heard my name come from the kitchen, what did he want now?

   "Alex?" My dad called out

   "Yes?" I asked rather nervously

        I smelled the lingering of pancakes drift to the tip of my nose, What was he doing is this even my father? Is he happy drunk? I walked into the kitchen and saw my dad setting two plates on the counter, they were washed! I looked at him wondering what was going on all he did was smile and look away. I made my way and sat in the chair nearest to the kitchen door so if he tried anything I could leave.

     "Dad, my bus leaves in fifteen minutes." I said

     "Oh, don't worry honey I'll take you."  he replied

        Fifteen minutes passed and next thing you know I was in my dad's truck which smelled like moldy cheese and sweaty gym socks my god. My school wasn't far so we were there in five or ten minutes, I stepped out of the car and faced my father I gave him a small smile before I could shut the door my dad grabbed my for arm and told me I looked beautiful, I would feel less creeped out if he didn't rape me two nights ago. I shut the door and waited for him to leave, when he left I put my focus on the bold blue doors that stood in the entrance of my new school.

        I walked in and as I expected teenagers everywhere, I don't know why I was getting so nervous about this was I really this isolated from the outside world? The bell rang and I headed to my first class and grabbed a seat it didn't take long for somebody to sit next to me, He looked raffishly shy his hair was blonde but you could tell he died it his hair was obviously brown his eyes were a piercing blue, he was wearing a sweater with gray sleeves and a baby blue front.  

    "Hi, I'm Alex." I said to him trying to make a conversation 

    "Austin." He replied, holding out his hand

   "So are you a freshman?" I cant believe I just said that stupid!

   "why, yes I am." He laughed

        The second bell rang and the teacher walked in he looked really young maybe late thirty's? He had a white lab coat on I can't believe my first period was science.

     "This blows." Austin whispered to me

        I laughed and looked at him he was looking back, Our staring got disrupted by a cough it was the teacher I looked over at him and he was giving me a stern look which was kind of scary.

     "I don't mean to disrupt this conversation between you two, but it's not talking time leave that for your break." The teacher took a breath

"Okay, you guy's how is your morning so far? My name is Mr.Smith and yes you are stuck with me for the whole year." he smiled and then laughed

        The class wasn't much we just talked about the rules and stuff normal 1st day attire, when class was over I went to my locker puuting my science book in I wasn't going to take it home because we had no homework and there was no room for it there. I started to get cramps so I ran into the bathroom hoping I didn't start my period, I went into the stall and checked my underwear there was no blood. I sat there wondering what was happening I retraced my steps and remembered the pancakes.

        I fluttered in the halls sweating like a pig I had to find someone and borrow their phone Where was Austin? I turned in so many directions I was basically lost. I finally found Austin he was talking to some boys I knew it was a bad idea to go over there I just needed a phone! 

    "Austin!" I screamed I saw the two other boys look at me and then leave

   "Alex? are you okay?" He asked

   "No, I need your phone.. please hurry." I screeched

          He handed me his phone and I called my father. After a couple of rings he answered.

    "What did you do to my food?" I asked

     "Aw, what do you mean darling." He laughed

        I looked at Austin, he had worry in his eyes I hung up the phone and gave it back to him. I whispered to him I then walked a couple steps and collapsed everything was black.