vii.

LUST | Kim Taehyung

LUST | Kim Taehyung

Jimin was indeed having another attack. He was on the couch, gasping for air, his body shaking, and it was all flooding back to him.

We knew we shouldn't have let him drink, but it was too late now.

Alcohol always seemed to bring back Jimin's horrible, and tragic childhood. He was diagnosed with depression a few years back, but when he turned 15 he had PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

When he was 7, his parents had a really big fight. There was slamming doors, glass shattering, broken pieces of everything on the floor, and he saw it all with his own two eyes, his hand over his mouth.

Then, when he was 8, he was hiding behind a bookshelf at the library, and some stupid bullies knocked it over, making it fall right over his body.

At the age of 10, his parents divorced and that's when he started wanting love. Love and affection.

And so he became the sin he was born to be, envy.

We were in the emergency room, waiting for Jimin to walk out of the room where he was being looked at, with another bottle of pills, and more therapy sessions.

It was quiet.

Jihyo was at my side, scared to move, and Hoseok was pacing around the waiting room, biting his nails.

"We shouldn't have let him drink, we shouldn't have let him-"

"Hoseok... it's fine. He's fine. It was just another attack, he'll be okay" I interrupted Hoseok's constant repetition, and he turned to face me.

"How is he okay? Do you want us to shove the pills back in his throat again?" Hoseok snapped, his words sharp.

I sighed and turned away from him, letting him pace around the room again.

Jihyo stood up, tired of sitting down and worrying.

"I'm going to go get some coffee, do you want anything?" She asked me, hands playing with my hoodie.

I shook my head.

"I don't think caffeine will help Hoseok and I's nerves... let me go with you"

I stood up too, but Jihyo immediately pushed my body down.

"I want to make sure I'm okay..." she spoke quietly, making sure Hoseok didn't hear.

I gave her a reassuring squeeze and a smile. She gave me a soft smile too, and then she turned away, walking to the cafeteria.

Just then, a familiar face was walking around the waiting room, a bright yellow sun-dress, and a brown purse hanging from her shoulders.

"Sol, what are you doing here?" I asked, standing behind her as she talked to the women behind the counter.

She turned around, confused, and I observed her features.

Her lips were tainted red -barely any red at all- and she had a bright, warm, brown on her eyelids, eyeliner applied at the frame of her eye.

She smiled as she saw me, "Taehyung, hi"

"Seriously Tae? Now? Out of any other time, it has to be now?" I heard Hoseok speak, and he probably thought I was flirting with Sol.

I rolled my eyes, putting my hands in my pockets, and turned to face him.

"Relax. She's a friend"

Hoseok took a good look at Sol, before turning away.

Meanwhile, Sol was lost, and somewhat surprised.

"He's just on edge, we're here for a friend" I spoke softly, turning back to face her.

For a split second she turned away, almost as if she saw something the second she looked into my eyes, but then she planted a sweet smile on her face.

"I have to go, see you around Tae"

She was gone, just like that.

"Tae? He's awake" I felt Hoseok's hand on my shoulder, and I turned around, only to see his face in front of me.

However, he looked dead. Different than how I saw him before.

He was pale, dark black circles under his eyes. Judging by the way he grabbed onto my shoulder, he was weak too.

Only it wasn't because he wasn't feeling well, he was just -

I made my way to Jimin's room, bright fluorescent lights greeting me with an unwanted hello. White walls enclosing in around me.

I felt like I was suffocating as if I suddenly couldn't breathe.

"Taehyung? What are you doing here? Where's Jihyo?" Jimin's voice stopped all of my thoughts, and my mind suddenly went blank.

"I uh-"

"She went to go get coffee. She'll be back" I cut Hoseok off.

Jimin nodded, understanding.

"How are you feeling?" Hoseok asked, once again riveting thoughts into my brain.

He had an attack. A PTSD attack. He usually had anxiety attacks though, and those he's experienced a lot lately.

"Better"

Hoseok smiled, eyes filling up with bright stardust, and lips becoming a soft reassurance for the boy in front of us.

The sun was cascading through the large windows, and a nurse walked in, Jihyo at her side.

She walked up to me, hands on my arms and looked into my eyes.

"He's here Tae... he's here"