Chapter 3: The Journey

'I can't believe I just bumped into Phil Lester' is all Dan can say to himself. "Hey, it's ok, no worries", Phil tells Dan, "I'm Phil by the way", he holds out his hand waiting for Dan to shake it. "D-Dan", Dan eventually manages to stutter out. There was silence, but not uncomfortable silence, it was nice, they just smiled at each other for what felt like forever but in reality was only 2 or 3 minutes.
"Ahem", Dan hears behind him. It's Louise, "Are you going to introduce me then?", asks Louise. "Uh, yeah, um, Phil this is Louise, Louise, Phil", Dan gestures, Louise and Phil shake hands while Dan is just praying that Louise doesn't say anything that will give away his feelings for the Black haired boy.
Thankfully, she doesn't say anything, she just makes light conversation with him. "So", Phil eventually says, "Are you two.. a thing or?", Phil says quite sheepishly while gesturing to Dan and Louise. "No no no!! We're just friends", the two frantically say. "You see even if I liked Dan we couldn't be together because he likes his women how he likes his coffee if you know what I mean", Louise states as Dan shoots her a look. Judging by the confusion on Phil's face Louise takes it that he didn't understand the joke, "He doesn't like coffee", Louise giggles out. "Oh", Phil says laughing, Dan joins in the laughing so it doesn't look like he'd rather murder Louise at this very moment. "I'm um, I'm not to fond of coffee myself if you get what I'm saying", replies Phil while looking at the floor, Dan swear he saw a blush creep up his cheeks but he told himself he was just seeing things.
"Phil! Come take a photo of me and Sophie!", they hear a guy shout in their direction, they assume it's PJ. "Well it was nice meeting you guys", Phil says cheerily as he walks away to go take photos of PJ and his date. "So..", says Louise in a suggestive tone, "guess you and Mr. Blue eyes are in the same boat huh?", she says teasingly. "Shut up" says Dan while staring at the floor trying to hide the blush creeping up his cheeks.
"Ok! Everyone on the bus!", they hear someone shout, they assume it's the principal Mr. Darker. "Now", he announces, "there will be seating arrangements on the bus so we will have no canoodling on our way to the prom, understand?" He says firmly. "Yes sir", the entire crowd say in unison. "Now starting at the back row we have Sophie, Emily, Richard, Jeannette and Aston", the crowd watch the selected few get on the bus while they wait for their names to be called. After a few minutes Louise hears her name, "Louise P.", Louise rolls her eyes, she hates being called that, there's two Louise's so she's known as Louise 'P' to everyone and it really bothers her, "And next to Louise we have PJ", Mr. Darker announces. Louise and PJ climb on board the bus and get into their seats while Dan waits patiently to hear his name, he doesn't have to wait too much longer though because Mr. Darker has just announced he's sitting on the seats right across from Louise. Unfortunately, Dan was too busy being lost in thought to even notice who was paired to sit beside him, he assumed it wouldn't matter as he only had one friend and she was sitting beside someone else, so he just climbed onto the bus and sat by the window, waiting to see his mystery bus partner he'd be stuck in silence with for the next hour.
He doesn't even notice his partner sit down beside him, he's too busy staring out the window and listening to music, he doesn't really intend to look if he's honest, if he looks he'll have to make conversation and that's something he's trying to avoid. He feels his phone vibrate in his pocket and pulls it out, it's a message from Louise. 'That's odd' Dan thought, 'Why would she message me if I'm literally just across from her'
"Louise: Dan don't look beside you but.. look beside you ;)"
Dan, confused, looks beside him and almost feels his heart jump out of his chest, right beside him is Phil Lester, he'd be stuck with Phil Lester for the next hour on a bus. Dan pulls out his phone again to message Louise.
"Dan: Louise help"
"Dan: swap with me please"
"Louise: I don't know Dan, I think PJ is my new best friend, I think I'll stay here"
"Dan: Louise I'm going to physically implode if you don't trade seats with me"
Louise looks over at Dan with an evil look in her eyes, a cheeky smirk on her face. Dan looks ready to either die or kill someone and he's not too sure which one he feels like either. Louise wiggles her eyebrows up and down at Dan in attempt to make him laugh. It works of course, their friendship always manages to make the simplest things funny.
The lauding causes Phil to jump, "Oh my god you scared me", Phil giggles, hand on his heart. Louise makes kissy faces and love hearts towards Dan and he's trying his best not to kill her right there and then.
PJ looks at the girl beside him and back over at Dan and wonders why she's making faces at him like that, were they a thing? PJ clears his throat and eventually asks Louise what she's doing. "I'm just making faces at Romeo over there", she gestured towards Dan, who's now making slight conversation with Phil, they're talking about YouTube or something Louise assumes.
'Romeo..' thinks PJ, then it finally clicked, "Dan likes someone?", PJ says surprised, determined to find out who Dan's Juliet was.
"Isn't it obvious?", replies Louise, genuinely surprised. Pj looks over at Dan and notices how he won't make eye contact with Phil, and anytime he does he breaks it almost as soon as he's made it. "Phil?", PJ whispers, with a shocked tone. "Shush, don't tell anyone ok? Our secret", Louise makes PJ pinkie swear.
PJ pulls his phone out of his suit pocket and opens his messages, 4 from Phil, he assumes he knows what they are but reads them anyway
"Phil: help"
"Phil: I don't think he likes me"
"Phil: he's gay too pj do you think I have a chance?!"
"Phil: Peej answer my damn messages I'm freaking out"
PJ chuckles to himself, he knows something Phil doesn't which made it 10 times funnier to him. Louise couldn't help but see what he was laughing at so she looked at his phone screen expecting a funny video or a meme of some kind.
Louise gasps audibly. PJ quickly turns his head, "What did you see?" , he asks quickly, "That my Romeo may have just found his damn Juliet PJ", Louise says excitedly, "We have to set them up tonight" Louise continues, there's a sparkle in her eye that PJ doesn't know he should be scared of or if he should go along with it. He considers it for a moment, Phil really did like Dan, it's all he PJ ever heard out of him.
"Alright let's do it", PJ responds, Louise basically screams as if she's just seen a spider the size of a bowling ball, which caused a few stares, including Dan and Phil.
The rest of the ride to the venue consisted of Dan and Phil blushing until their faces were as pink as Louise's dress, and PJ and Louise trying to devise a plan to get operation 'Phan' ,as they liked to call it, into action.
The bus turned a corner and started to slow down, it stopped outside a rather expensive looking building, people started getting off the bus and making their way inside, Louise whispered into PJ's ear reminding him not to forget what he had to do. Dan looked confused but shook it off.
They headed inside the building shortly after Phil, Pj and Sophie. Louise took out her phone,
"Louise: Ready?"
"Pj: ready."
"Louise: Lets play Cupid then my partner in crime ;)"

*Authors note*
My endings always seem really crappy but oh well
*sashays into the sunset*