Chapter 7: Finally

Fingers still intertwined. Dan had fallen asleep on Phil's shoulder. Phil liked the feeling of Dan holding his hand, he rubbed his thumb up and down Dan's hand. Causing him to stir.
Phil contemplated kissing Dan's forehead. He was about to do it when Dan let out a small yawn. He shuffled around until he woke up.
Confused and dazed for a second, wondering where he was. Then he felt Phil squeeze his hand and remembered everything.
"How long was I asleep?", Dan let out another yawn. "Not long", replied Phil, squeezing Dan's hand, "Only about 20 minutes", he continued.
"Um..", Phil cleared his throat, "I know this might be a bit quick but my mum would love to meet you? And we don't even have to tell her about us just pretend that you're my friend for now. It's ok if you don't want to I know I'm asking this extremely soon and-",
Phil was cut off by Dan pressing a quick peck on his cheek. "I'd love to Phil", Dan giggled.
Louise had seen everything and was very close to crying because she had seen her best friend happier than he'd ever been. The only thing that was upsetting her was a sleeping PJ drooling on her shoulder.
"We have a spare room too so you don't have to stay in my room", Phil mentions. "Oh, um not that I- not that I wouldn't like you staying in my room I just- I-", Phil just stopped talking and buried his face in his hand. "It's fine Phil we'll see when I get there", Dan said, poking Phil's shoulder playfully.
The bus journey back seemed shorter than before. Less awkward. Everything just seemed right. "So..", Phil said, "My place?". "Sure, I was going to stay with Louise but I can get her and her parents to cover for me", Dan replied cheekily.
About 10 minutes later the bus had reached the stop where there were many cars of parents waiting to collect their children. "Wait here for me, I have to tell Louise and her dad that I'm going with you", Dan said, jogging over to Louise and her dad. "Hey um, I'm staying at a friends house tonight so you can leave without me", Dan panted. "Sure Dan, your 'friend'", Louise giggled while winking at Dan, causing Dan to blush. "I see", said Louise's father, looking at Dan and back at Louise. "We'll tell your parents you had a great time staying with Louise", chuckled Louise's dad. Dan let out a sigh of relief, he knew he could always count on Louise's family. "Thank you", Dan shyly giggled while turning around to make his way back to Phil.
Louise's dad watched as Dan caught up with Phil. He watched Phil put his arm around Dan's shoulders as they walked towards what he assumed to be Phil's parents car. "Young love", he whispered to himself, turning to Louise who he could have sworn had a tear in her eye. "You alright love?", he asked her. "I'm fine dad, I'm just so happy for Dan finally getting what he's wanted for over 2 years", she sniffed as her dad turned the car around and they headed home.
Dan and Phil had gotten into the back of the car. "Mum this is Dan, is it ok if he stays the night?", Phil asked his mum. "Of course! The more the merrier", she chirped. "Have fun boys?", said another voice, Dan assumed it was Phil's dad. "A great time", they responded in unison. They had stopped hugging when they had gotten in sight of the car, just in case they were asked questions.
It was only a 20 minute drive back to Phil's place. It was a rather large, old looking house, more than one story. "Ok, well Dan, the spare room is being used by Martyn's girlfriend right now so are you alright staying with Phil?", Phil's mum explained. "That's ok Mrs. Lester", Dan answered, hoping the dark of the night would hide him and Phil's red cheeks. "Please, call me Katheryn," she responded softly, "and this is Nigel" she said gesturing to Phil's dad.
They opened the front door to reveal a yellow wallpapered hallway with a rather old looking chandelier on it. The first room on the left was the living room, they had a fire lighting. Dan saw a red haired girl cuddling with a boy who looked like Phil but slightly older and ginger. Dan took it this was Phil's brother Martyn.
"We're home love", Phil's mum shouted as her and Nigel went into the kitchen. Martyn turned around to see his brother and another boy, a brown haired boy. Martyn was the only one in the Lester household that knew Phil was gay. He looked at Phil then back at the brown haired boy. "Well?", he questioned, "Aren't you going to introduce us to your boyfriend?".
Dan almost choked on air at the word 'boyfriend'. Phil didn't know how to react. After some silence Phil cleared his throat, "This is Dan, and he's just a friend Martyn, something came up with his parents and he had no one to stay with", Phil lied. "Well nice to meet you Dan, just a friend", Martyn said, not believing a word of Phil's lie. "You too", Dan replied politely.
"Come on I'll show you my room Dan", Phil said quickly, before Martyn could make anything worse. "Ooooh going to the bedroom on the first date? Phil you sly thing", Martyn teased. "Just ignore him", Phil told Dan. Dan nodded.
"So this is my room", Phil announced as they walked into a room with green carpet, a double bed, a plain wardrobe and a few clothes on the floor. "Sorry it's a bit messy", he said. "I didn't know I'd be having company over", he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand, showing embarrassment.
Dan wanted to kiss him so bad at that very moment. But he didn't, he told himself to wait. "It's amazing", Dan said, looking around the room. "Thanks", Phil smiled.
"Listen, I'd like to talk about tonight", Dan said quietly after a while. "Sure", Phil said, patting the spot beside him indicating Dan should sit down. Dan sat beside Phil and cleared his throat. "Um, ok, so, I don't know if you feel the same way or if you just got caught up in the moment, but tonight, when we danced.. that felt special", Dan said looking at the floor, "I don't know how exactly you felt but that moment just before the lights came on. That's when I realised that I really, really liked you, and I understand if you don't feel the same but I-", Dan was cut off by Phil's lips on his. It was a short kiss, only a few seconds. Phil pulled away, leaving Dan in shock. "Sorry", he said. Dan didn't even say anything. He just softly placed his lips back on Phil's. Dan felt Phil move his arms around his waist. Dan put his around Phil's neck, pulling them closer together. He played with Phil's hair. He could feel Phil smiling as the kiss deepened.
After a few minutes they broke apart. Gasping for air. "So I guess you feel the same way then?",Dan laughed breathlessly. This caused the two boys to giggle. "Dan..", Phil asked, "I know it might sound a bit soon but, would you maybe like to.. you know?", Dan laughed at Phil struggling to get his words out. "Take your time", Dan said, "Asking someone you just made out with to be your boyfriend is a big step", he said sarcastically. "Shut up", Phil giggled, playfully hitting Dan. "Well?", Phil continued, "Would you?", Phil said. "Of course you spork", Dan said while giving Phil a hug.
The two boys ended up falling backwards into the bed because of Dan's impact. They land facing each other. Foreheads touching. "Hi", Dan giggled. "Hi", Phil giggled back while giving his new boyfriend a peck on the lips. Dan glanced at the clock on Phil's wall. 2am? Already?
"We should try to get some sleep", Dan said nodding towards the clock, "Oh my god is that really the time?", Phil said in shock.
Dan took of his suit and folded it on a chair in Phil's room, Phil had given him some pyjama pants to put on, Dan him he usually sleeps without a shirt on so he just put on the pants. Phil had returned from the bathroom, he was wearing glasses, a bright yellow t-shirt and matching pyjama pants.
They climbed into bed and turned out the light. Dan lay his head on Phil's chest, one arm by his side, the other across Phil's chest. Phil had one arm around Dan and the other holding his hand. Phil fell asleep first. Dan listened to the soothing beat of Phil's heart, feeling his chests rise up and down.
This was it, this is what he'd been missing. Phil.
He felt happy, for the first time in his life he felt really happy. Finally.
Finally, he had everything he wanted.

*Authors note*
Awww look at that it's finally over, hope you enjoyed that. I'm working on some other fics atm so look forward to those!! Thanks for reading
- Lauren