Chapter 6: Alone

Alone. Alone is the only thing Phil could feel at that moment. He didn't even do anything yet he'd done everything. He didn't say anything yet he should've said something.
He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, he looked at it almost instantly hoping it might be Dan. No, it was his mum.
"Mum: Having a good time love? Xx"
"Phil: Having a blast!"
Phil knew he couldn't tell his mum what was really happening, it would only worry her. He checked the time on his phone, 12:00am, the bus would be here in 15 minutes.
Phil realised he'd have to sit beside Dan on the way back home. Oh god how awkward that would be. He had 15 minutes to set things straight. He had talk to Dan without being seen by Louise or PJ, they were guarding him. He'd have to find a way.
Dan, still crying into Louise, felt his Phone vibrate. He pulled it out of his pocket... it was Phil.
He wanted to read it but he didn't want Louise to see so he asked her could she get him some water.
"Of course sweetie", she said sympathetically. Dan immediately opened the message from Phil,
"Phil: please come inside, I need to talk to you"
Dan was about to shut down his phone when he got a new message from Phil,
"Phil: and if you do come, come alone"
Louise made her way back with a bottle of water for Dan. He took a small mouthful.
"Um, I've just gotta use the bathroom I'll be right back", Dan lied. "Ok, try stay away from Phil alright?", Louise said firmly. Dan nodded and walked towards the door that he last saw Phil, as he walked inside there was yet another slow song playing. Couples were dancing, some were kissing, causing Principal Darker to cringe. Dan felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around swiftly, it was Phil. His blue eyes were puffy from crying. Dan started to change his mind and headed for the door when Phil grabbed his hand causing him to turn around. "Dan.. ju- just one dance", Phil pleaded. "Its all I ask", he continued. "Ok, fine, but explain yourself",Dan demanded, leading Phil towards the floor for the 2nd time tonight. "
"So..", Dan said sternly while he put his arms around Phil's waist. "What happened?",he asked. "Well what do you want to know?", he replied. "Well.. are you gay?"
"Yes, I am Dan, and when Amy ki-"
"Ah ah!", said Dan cutting him off, not what I asked.
"What happened with Amy?"
"Well, we had to dance with people we didn't come with, she asked me to dance and I felt too awkward to say no, anyway, long story short, she kissed me but I didn't kiss her back", Phil answered, hoping Dan would believe him. Dan did believe him. He wanted to kiss Phil there and then but he was playing hard to get.
"Um? Where's Dan?",PJ asked Louise. "He went to the bathroom, he's been a while though", Louise answered, "maybe we should check on him", she continued, getting up off the bench. Her and PJ headed inside looking for Dan.
Louise saw him with his arms around Phil, she was about to go break them apart when PJ stopped her. "Just wait a minute", he suggested, " See how they do by themselves".
"Last question", Dan said to Phil. "Have you ever...kissed a guy?", Dan had a lot more confidence in his voice now, he raised an eyebrow at Phil, urging him to answer the question.
Phil felt nervous all of a sudden. He cleared his throat.
"N-no, I haven't", Phil was getting really nervous now.
"Actually I have one more question..", Dan said in a flirty tone, looking Phil deep in the eyes. He wondered where all this confidence had suddenly came from.
"Would you.. like? To kiss a boy?", Dans eyes fluttered from Phil's eyes to his lips and back.
Their foreheads touch, they're so close they can feel each other's breath on their faces. Louise  and PJ are staring at them, eyes wide open. Their lips were millimetres away from touching when the lights come on.
It's time to go. Dan and Phil look at eachother, and immediately blush.
"Alright, bus is here, everybody on!", Mr. Darker shouted. His voice echoed throughout the hall. "Same seats as before", He announced, watching his students leave.
Dan and Phil walked slowly back to the bus, arms bumping as they were walking so close together. Phil's hand brushed over Dan's, Dan knew what to do and took Phil's hand in his. Fingers intertwined, the two blushing boys got on the bus and sat in the seats they had came in. Dan rested his head on Phil's shoulder as the bus started to make its way back home.

*Authors note*
There might only be 2 more chapters left so enjoy this one while you can ;)