Chapter 4: The Plan

They venue had been decorated with purple and blue ribbons, white and blue balloons scattered throughout the ceiling, silver confetti all over the dance floor where a DJ was taking requests from 2 girls, there was a bar full of snacks and non-alcoholic drinks. The music was blaring loud but not so loud that you'd strain your voice from shouting so that was good.
Dan looked over at Louise who had her phone out, "Are you seriously texting someone right now? We literally just got here", Dan half shouted, "Oh, Yeah sorry I was just.. answering a message from P- from my Dad", she answered quickly hoping Dan hadn't noticed her slip up. There was a long line to get your photo taken at the booth. Dan and Louise were in the line so they could get their photo while they stilled looked presentable, knowing later in the night they'd be tired and sweaty. Out of the corner of her eye Louise saw PJ at the bar gesturing her to go over.
"Dan could you keep our place I need the bathroom", Louise asked. "Sure" Dan replied, actually thinking he was going to enjoy himself and that maybe tonight wouldn't be the disaster he thought it would be.
"Do you think he can see me", Louise said worried, "No I think you're good", replied PJ peering over her shoulder just to be sure. "Ok so where's Phil", Louise asked, "He went to go get a Photo with Amy, you know that girl that had a crush on him when we were 14", PJ chuckled. "Oh yeah", Louise laughed, "Does she know he's gay now?",Louise questioned, watching her closely because she seemed to be getting a bit close to Phil. "I'm not sure", Answered PJ also watching her, him and Louise shared a look that suggested it was time to put the plan into action.
Louise nodded her head to signal PJ to start the plan and she walked back to Dan. "Sorry that took so long", she told him. "Yeah what were you even doing Louise?", Dan genuinely asked, she doesn't normally take 10 minutes for you to use the loo. Louise's mind was racing but she could only come up with one excuse,
"Well you see I got some cramps in the car and when I went to the loo I'd gotten my- "
" I don't wanna hear anymore it's ok!!", Dan quite loudly stated. Dan was a great friend to listen but whenever Louise played the 'P' card he didn't want to hear another word.
It was finally time for Louise and Dan's photo, they took 3 photos doing funny poses and 1 photo just smiling. Louise was still watching PJ from the corner of her eye, he was talking to Phil, trying to get Amy to leave him alone, PJ was trying to figure out what song Phil would think was the perfect slow dance song, when he finds out he's going to send Louise a message and she'd bring Dan over to the two of them just to talk and hang out as friends, after a while when Dan picks up confidence, Louise would request Phil's song and she'd tell Dan to ask Phil to dance. She thought it sounded pretty simple but she knew it wasn't.
Her and Dan went to the bar and ordered two virgin cocktails while she waited for PJ's text. She made small talk with Dan, bringing up Phil every so often.
Louise felt her phone vibrate in her purse,
"PJ: I won't give up - Jason Mraz ;)"
"Louise: awww omg Dan loves that song"
"Hey Dan lets go over and say hi to Phil", suggests Louise, "I mean, I'm feeling kinda confident after speaking to him on the bus so sure", Dan says sheepishly, a small blush creeping up his cheeks. The two make their way over to the two boys.
"Hey Louise", said PJ winking at her, causing his date Sophie to throw Louise a look that Louise didn't take as a good sign. "Hey Dan", said Phil hoping Dan would look at him this time, he's convinced Dan hates him, he never looks at him. "H-hey Phil", Dan manages to stutter out, 'God Dan look at the guy would you, he probably hates you' he thinks to himself.
The gang talk for about half an hour and Dan actually managed to look at Phil without blushing which was an achievement. PJ looked at Louise and mouthed the words 'it's time' and nodded his head towards the DJ booth, Louise nodded in agreement and hurried over.
"Hi, are you still taking requests?", Louise asked. "Yeah, the whole night, what's your request?", the dj responded. "I won't give up by Jason Mraz?", said Louise hoping he knew it.
"Ahh, I see", he said giving her a wink.
"This ones for all you lovebirds out there", shouted the DJ. The song started playing as PJ took Sophie's hand, "Shall we?", he smiled at her as he took her to the dance floor.
Louise noticed Dan looking at Phil. Dan was leaning against the wall, he wanted to ask Phil but he didn't know how. "Ask him", he heard. He turned around, it was Louise. "I- I don't know what you're talking about", Dan replied looking at the ground. "Dan, I'm not stupid", Louise replied softly. Dan looked at her and she looked him in the eye and nodded towards Phil, silently telling him to go ask him to dance.
Dan nodded, he took a deep breath and walked towards Phil, "Hey", he said when he'd reached Phil's side. "Hey Dan", Phil replied, not taking his eyes off the dance floor filled with couples. "Do you um..", Dan was getting nervous now, shuffling on his feet. "Do you maybe wanna, you- you know.." he nodded towards the dance floor.
Phil's stomach filled with butterflies, was Dan Howell really asking him to dance? "Dan, I'd love to", he replied taking his hand and heading out towards the floor.
They got a few stares from some other people in the crowd but they didn't care, they just wanted to dance together.
Dan could almost hear Louise screaming in the distance but he didn't care, he was dancing with Phil Lester, not just dancing, he was slow dancing with Phil Lester. He couldn't believe what was happening.
Phil looked deep into Dan's eyes, he was going to do it, he was going to kiss Dan if it was the last thing he'd do. Dan didn't know what was happening, but at the same time he knew exactly what was happening.
Their foreheads touched and they were leaning in when something caught Dan's attention. It was Louise and PJ, what were they doing, they were high fiving, why would they do that?
"Is everything ok?", Phil asked Dan. "Um, actually, could we try get a little closer to Louise and PJ I just wanna hear what they're saying", Dan replied, still confused. Phil wasn't sure why exactly Dan wanted to hear whay they were saying but they moved closer to Louise and PJ just so they could hear what they were saying. "I can't believe it worked, Louise you're a genius", Dan heard PJ say. 'What worked?' Dan thought to himself.
"I know, I know, but it never would've worked if Phil didn't tell you that he wanted that song", Louise replied. 'Phil?!', Dan thought, 'Phil is in on what ever this is too?'. Dan looked up at Phil who was equally as confused as Dan. Dan didn't believe it, he told himself Phil was putting on an act to look all innocent. "Its all people are going to talk about for weeks", giggled Louise. Dan was trying to make sense of it all, 'All they'd talk about?' 'If Phil hadn't told PJ the song?', then it clicked.
Dan let go of, Phil who was very surprised by Dan's action, and started marching towards PJ and Louise.
"Well I hope your happy", Dan said in a harsh tone, Louise and PJ both froze. "What?", replied Louise, "Oh don't start acting all innocent now, I heard everything", Dan said, tears gathering in his eyes, "Trying to make me the laughing stock of the school are you?", Dan's voice was shaking now.
"Dan, you're taking this all the wrong way I'm sure that's not what they were doing", it was Phil, he had been listening. "Don't you start too Phil, 'I'm not too fond of coffee either' 'I'd love to dance with you Dan'", Phil was shocked at Dan's words.
A crowd of people had started to listen to the conversation, "There", Dan gestured to the crowd, "You got what you wanted", Dan cried, "I'm gonna go", he said, tears streaming down his cheeks, even the music had stopped, it was all too quiet.
"Dan wait", Louise cried following Dan. "I'm going alone", he whispered. Louise was hurt, Dan had never used a tone like that with her before. "Go on", Dan addressed the crowd, "Shows over", he said as he walked out the door.
Silence fell upon the room, next thing Phil knew, all eyes were on him, it was up to him to fix it. The music started back up, everybody had moved on from what had happened 5 minutes ago.
Phil was left still standing in the same spot looking at the door that Dan had used to make his exit.
He had to fix it, he had to go after him.

*Authors note*
I'm s o r r y
(Also I know it's really bad but I'm terrible with words and it's kind of rushed Oof)
Bai