04. Subjectivity.

Jennie was sweating heavily and started to roll in her bed, trying to find an appropriate side to sleep on but she couldn't. She woke up to find someone on the bed with her, she blinked a few times trying to remember what happened.

She kept shivering like crazy, as if it was a really cold winter night. Once she started coughing, Jisoo noticed; thus, she approached her.

She put her book on the nightstand while reaching to touch Jennie's forehead.

"You have a fever" Jisoo informed.

Jennie didn't even flinch, instead, she kept on shaking. She was freezing while her whole body was on fire. Jisoo didn't have the right to examine her because it was a medical act; but she tried to comfort the sick girl.

"Jennie, I'll call the doctor I work with, I'm sure she'll come, you're in danger" the nurse said calmly.

Jennie nodded hesitantly. It was the only sign Jisoo needed before dialing the number.

"Hi, it's Kim Jisoo"

"Is something up?"

"There's a patient who needs medical care right away, her fever is so intense"

"You know what to do in this case, right?"

"I do ma'am but I think the cause of the fever is the one that should be treated, this is why I called. If I step in, I might do something wrong"

Sighing from the other end of the call, the doctor agreed to come and told Jisoo to text her the address.

"Thanks a lot ma'am, I'll send you the address immediately"

Hanging up, Jisoo was really worried; she's usually very objective but she had sympathy towards the girl laying beside her. She couldn't just let her recover on her own because she would suffer a lot, and so she didn't.

After sending the address to the doctor, she waited a couple of minutes. She decided to take Jennie's top meanwhile so the examination would be easier.

Jennie focused on Jisoo's facial expression. The nurse was acting all professional towards her, she couldn't deny that it was great to watch. If she wasn't in so much pain she would enjoy it more.

The doorbell rang and Jisoo excused herself only to comeback later with a familiar woman.

"Mrs. Kim!" The doctor said in surprise.

Jisoo turned to her thinking that the speech was directed to her, but it was for Jennie.

"Oh ma'am you know each other?" Jisoo asked, curious.

"We do, she's one of my patients"

Jennie nodded as well, getting tired by the second. The doctor got her stethoscope from her bag and started doing her job.

"I see you were already prepared for this, Mrs. Kim" The doctor said when she noticed the absence of a T-shirt.

"No, the nurse prepared me" Jennie said lazily. Finally forming a sentence.

Jisoo bowed in appreciation to the doctor's compliment and watched carefully what was going on.

"Are you taking any medication beside the one I prescribed to you?"

"No, but Jisoo said it was the wrong medication"

"Is this right Jisoo?" The doctor turned her gaze to the nurse.

Jisoo blushed at the embarrassment but nodded in confirmation. She showed her the bottle of pills and the doctor immediately had a stunned expression on her face.