10. Work

"Annyeong"

"Annyeong my ass, where the hell were you? I was worried sick!" Lisa yelled, still somehow concerned.

"I'm sorry, I had to buy some...stuff" Rosé answered calmly.

"You could've just informed me instead of letting me worry to death" the Thai girl stepped closer to the other one.

She wrapped her in a hug as some sort of an apology for her previous behavior.

Rosé clung into her more than usual and Lisa sensed something was off.

"What's wrong?" She whispered.

"I saw my sister on the way home" Lisa's eyes widened "but fortunately she didn't see me".

"This is exactly why you're not allowed to go out alone" the dancer said, somehow annoyed.

----

"I bet my two kidneys that she's planning something" Momo said, still on the phone.

"I don't doubt it either, their encounter isn't a coincidence for sure" Lisa said from the other line.

Momo sighed as she heard a knock on the door so she had to end the call.

----

"So Jennie" Momo said as she sat down beside her friend "did you like the building?"

"No" Jennie faked a sigh.

Momo furrowed her eyebrows as she analyzed the girl in front of her, she was afraid that Jennie would regret the deal.

Seconds later, a giggle filled the room; Jennie was the source.

"You didn't ask me if I loved it, pabo" Jennie hit the dancer's shoulder playfully.

It took Momo some time to get it.

"Oh" was all she said. She kept quiet and Jennie became suspicious.

"What's on your mind, Hirai?" Jennie asked, genuinely concerned.

"It's just that" she stopped to take a breath "Dahyun".

The other girl's mouth hung open; she blinked a few times.

Dahyun? how does she even know her? what's going on? she thought.

"Look, I know this is frustrating but we kind of know each other" Momo tried to explain "but long story short she just wants to speak to you".

Jennie sighed and shook her head.

"I tried" was all that escaped her mouth.

Momo nodded in understanding and decided to drop it. She knows better; she thought.

Like that, the day came to an end and everyone was in their own house ready to sleep.

----

It was one of the darkest nights; Rosé was examining her surroundings while walking slowly, afraid that they would catch her.

"Lisa?" she whisper yelled.

No response. she kept walking until a shadow cut her attention so she hid right away. she slowly turned her head to the opposite side when she heard a familiar voice. it was almost inaudible but she managed to hear it.

Her eyes widened when she saw the silhouette crawling, groaning in pain.

"Rosé, run" A bleeding Lisa cried out of pain.

Instead, the red haired girl ran her way and started crying at the scene before her eyes.

The Thai girl was a mess; a mixture of blood, sweat and tears. She was coughing uncontrollably.

"Chae- Chaeyoung" she whispered "please be safe, go away".

Rosé shook her head violently, letting her own tears mix with Lisa's " I'm not leaving you like this, you saved me before, remember? "

"I did, but I can't do that anymore" Lisa groaned, still crying silently.

"No Lisa! you can and you will!" Rosé tried to convince herself.

She watched as the girl's breath became heavy and uneasy. She started crying and screaming.

"NO LISA, DON'T GO PLEASE! LISA!"

"Lisa!" Rosé woke up sweating heavily; she shook her head a couple of times to realize it was just a nightmare.

She kept silent as she heard footsteps rushing her way.

The Thai girl opened the door without knocking and barged in.

"Chaeyoung what's wrong? I heard you scream and I thought somethi-"

She was cut by a tight hug from the other girl. She stood there confused but decided to put her arms around the figure.

Seconds later, sobs were heard and Lisa tightened her grip on the girl.

"Everything is okay, I'm here to protect you" Lisa comforted the crying girl.

She carried her with all of her strength and took her to her own room. She had to make sure she's safe and sleeping well.

Or at least that was her excuse to feel her warmth.