Millennials Love Twitter

"Just a tip," A boy who looked to be a few years my junior gave me a tight smile, "They don't like us talking to Claire. I was background on another movie with her, and her manager nearly slit my throat for saying hi to her one morning. 'She's here to work,' ya know, 'Doesn't need distractions'."

I raised my eyebrows, looking between him and Claire, who was sitting underneath the tent that was functioning as the Green Room that day, nursing a coffee. "Kinda harsh, don't you think?"

"Yeah, well it's how it is with most of the A-List types, we're kinda just supposed to sit here and scavenge from BG Crafty until they need us — I'll never understand why we can't just eat with the cast and crew, but that's a whole other issue. Is this your first movie?"

"You could say that," I laughed, "I was locations on that kids show War Games last summer, but this is my first role."

"Role?" He prodded, looking confused, "You're not background?"

"Nah," I replied, "My name's Rowan, I'm cast."

He shook my hand with a smile, "I'm Zack." He pulled the Call Sheet out of his pocket, skimming over it, "Wait, you're Rowan Harris? As in the lead actress?"

"One of 'em. Claire's top billed, as she loves to remind me." He gave me a look and I chuckled, "We're friends, don't worry. She's not like that at all, actually. Probably has less of an ego than most of the people here."

"I hate to break it to you, Rowan, but this is BG Holding; you're in the wrong tent."

I smiled shyly, "Yeah, I sort of knew that, but I was shooting in Missouri these past couple of weeks and I'm not really ready to face the cast yet. Plus, you guys have better music." I gestured to a young woman at the other side of the tent who was blasting Lil Pump from a portable speaker.

"You like that shit?" He laughed.

"You don't?" I narrowed my eyes for a moment before smiling again, letting him know I was only teasing. "Claire hates it too, I was playing Juice WRLD in the car once and I thought she was going to jump out onto the freeway." I looked back at her, watching her read over the sides with an intent expression. "Actually, I don't see her manager with her, want me to introduce you?"

Zack looked like he was having an internal crisis, his eyes widening to twice their original size.

"I think I'd die," He gasped, clutching his chest. "Like, I'm not even joking. She's one of the reasons I got into acting. I know BG is hardly acting but I'm starting at U of C for Theatre next year and she's pretty much my hero."

"Aw, tell her that! You'll make her day! We don't go to camera for another two hours, so I'm sure she won't mind." 

I motioned for him to follow me and made my way over to the Green Room, thanking my lucky stars that Claire was the only one in it. She looked up at me and smiled before noticing Zack, who stood slightly behind me, obviously nervous.

"Morning love," She beamed, "Who's this?"

"This is Zack," I introduced, reaching back to give him a shove forward.

"Hi," He muttered meekly, his eyes downcast. "Sorry for disturbing you, I just wanted to say that I really look up to you and you're sort of the reason I worked up the courage to tell my parents I'm studying acting in September instead of business."

"Hey!" She chided, the sides in her hand all-but-forgotten. "You're not disturbing me! I've been sitting over here by myself reading the same page for the past hour." She gave him a genuine smile, "That's really great, Zack, that means a lot to me. It's a tough industry, but if it's your passion, that's really all that matters in the end, isn't it? You're a senior in High School?"