Loved ones //Gilbert//

you were at Gilbert's dad's funeral reception, when you saw him leaving. You quickly put on your jacket and followed him.

"Gilbert!" you said and caught up with him. He just kept walking silently.

"it was a lovely service" you tried to start a conversation but he didn't even look at you.

Gilbert and you weren't exactly friends, but he had helped you with your homework when, Anne couldn't.

"Look I should know better than anyone that pity is last thing you need, I- "he cut you off.

"Really?! 'Better than anyone'? You have a picture-perfect family in there-" he pointed at his house. "you have never, NEVER lost a loved one, have you?" he seemed pretty pissed. You began thinking about your uneasy past.

"your right Gilbert," he turned around ready to walk away, but your words stopped him.

"that man in your house is not my real father. My real one walked out on me when I was 4." Gilbert was now facing you.

"That's not the same" he said.

"You're right Gilbert, all your life you knew that your dad loved you. Mine chose not to have anything to do with me and my brother. Speaking of brother-" you could feel the tears in your eyes. "He died in a fire when I was 8." Gilbert looked shocked. "and do you remember when I didn't come to school in a month?" he nodded. "when my baby sister was 2 months, the doctor told us she had diphtheria- "

you swallowed the lump in your throat.

"she died a month later".

"I'm sorry Y/N, I- I didn't know..." Gilbert said. He had a tear rolling down his cheek.

"I'm sorry too. All a wanted to say was sorry for your loss. And sorry that tried to be your friend and talked to you. It will never happen again".

You turned around and ran.

A/n: here's a short image, because I'm on vacation.
I actually had this plot in mind for a while, bc i wanted some drama..
May or may not make a part 2.

Xoxo