Love poems - Part 2 //Gilbert//

"Hello?" A female voice calls through Gilbert's house. "Is anybody home?"

The voice wakes Gilbert up instantly. It's been three weeks since he last heard that voice.

When he stumbles out of his bedroom, he comes face to face her.

"Yn?" Gilbert's voice is low and raspy.

She's standing with a basket and briefcase. Her hair is up in a loose high bun under her worn-out hat. Gilbert can see her sparkling eyes through the two free locks hanging from her forehead.

"Hello, Gilbert," She replies with a calm tone. "Is Bash home?"

"Yes, he is," Bash responses before Gilbert. He has Delphine on his arm. Yn breaks out in a smile as soon as she sees her.

"Hi, Delly!" Yn waves at her. Delphine giggles and reach out for her. Yn gladly takes her, and Gilbert's stomach flips, When Yn's smile grows wider. But in the right way.

"Alright, Yn, I'm glad you want to do this. You can sleep in whatever free room there is," Bash says and gives her a warm smile, "Other than that, I assume you already know what to do?" He has a bag on his shoulder, and his Sunday clothes on.

"Yeah, I have four younger siblings, so I have experience." Delphine plays with her finger.

Bash kisses his daughter's forehead. He gives Yn a side hug as she looks up at him.

"Thank you." She mumbles to him and waves at him when he goes outside. Gilbert follows him out, completely confused.

"Bash, what is happening? Where are you going? and why is Yn here?"

Bash laughs and puts on his hat.

"Yn are here to look after the house and Delphine. I'm going to pick my mother up from the ship. did you forget that, Blythe?"

Gilbert's eyes grow wide when he realizes it.

"Wait, that was today?!" He asks. "And you didn't tell me Yn was going to live here!"

All Bash does is laugh, and says is goodbye, leaving Gilbert alone on the porch.

Slowly he makes his way into the kitchen. Yn is still in her hat and coat. She doesn't smile at Gilbert when he approaches her, and that makes him disappointed somehow.

"You can put your things in the guestroom," He says and scratches the back of his neck. Yn nods and goes into the room on the opposite side of Gilberts.

Gilbert sits down in a chair, with his face in his palms he sighs.

I really screwed up... he thinks to himself.

He clutches the papers in his pocket.

"Should I begin preparing breakfast?" Yn asks in a soft, moderate voice.

He looks at her. Three weeks seem so little of time, considered a whole lifetime. But for Gilbert, it felt like he hadn't seen her in a lifetime.

Yn has somehow grown more mature. Her figure has become more feminine, but her eyes lost their sparkle.

Like the imagination slipped out of her.

Her clothes are the same as when she ran off from school that day and never came back, not even to the exams.

It takes Gilbert a good minute before answering with a "Yes, please."

As she puts some eggs into some boiling water, the awkward silence becomes too much for her.

"I talked to Anne," She says. "I heard that you and she made the top at the Queen's college scholarships. Congratulations."

"Thank you," he manages to speak without a stutter. "Though I talked to miss Stacy, and maybe I'm getting into the university of Toronto."