loved ones ~Part 3~//Gilbert//

"Hey, it's alright now," he said and wrapped his arms around you.

"I'm so sorry" you whispered into his shoulder.

"No, I'm sorry," he said.

You smiled slightly and glanced back at the unconscious Billy, still laying on the ground. Gilbert noticed and put an arm around your shoulder.

"Let's just get out of here, huh?" he said as you closed your jacket.

"yes, please"

As he walked you home you began apologizing for your behavior.

"I'm so sorry, that I wasn't more sensitive about your father, and what losing him really meant for you"

"no, I'm sorry. I shouldn't just have assumed things," he stopped for a second and looked at the snow. "Can I ask you something?"

"of course, always" you looked into his glassy eyes. a tear was falling from the inner corner of his eye.

"Does it ever stop... hurting?"

"no, but as time goes on, it will hurt less. Somedays it will hurt so bad that you want to rip your heart out of your chest and throw it on to the ground." Your eyes were still locked with his. "Somedays it's only a little sting because you know that would be proud of you."

Rest of the walk was silent, but not the awkward kind. The kind that you just wanted to listen to.

"And, I guess we are here," he said as you entered the front yard of your house.

"Thank you... for everything" you whispered and looked at the snowdrops, that was beginning blooming. Gilbert lifted your chin, with his index finger. You were standing dangerously close to him.

"your... welcome" you could feel his hot breath against your lips. Before you knew, you were leaning in, and so was he. His lips softly touched yours and you closed your eyes, enjoying the feeling. As the kiss became more passionate, you could hear your mom from the kitchen. You gently pulled back.

"Goodnight, Gilbert Blythe"

"Goodnight, (Y/N) (Y/L)"

A/n: 3rd and final part... loved writing this<3

Take care xoxo