E

Picture this: the year is 2018, and John is sitting in his first period class, U.S. history. Classes have yet to start in Princeton High, and John is anxiously waiting for his two friends to show up. "Hey bitches!"

There they are.

"Howdy John!" calls Peggy Schuyler, a short girl with messy curls. She looked young, maybe that was because she skipped ninth grade. "How are you?"

"Meh," John replied, shrugging slightly. His other friend, Hercules Mulligan, a tall yet buff man who always wore a beanie, clapped him on the shoulder.

"Heard from your soulmate yet?" he asked. John sighed. Most people in his grade have already heard from their soulmates. Including his two friends; which kinda sucks, because he always felt left out. All his soulmate had to do was write or draw on their arm, was that so much to ask??

"Nope," he grumbled. "I'm guessing you have?"

Herc smiled. "My soulmate is so great! He's french, apparently. Look!" Hercules pulled up his sleeve, showing off his arm. It was decorated in fancy cursive, written in blue pen.

"Wohoo!" John rolled his eyes sarcastically. "How about you, Peggy?"

"Eh, they don't talk much. We mostly draw little pictures to each other. They haven't even told me their name!" she cried dramatically.

"That's so horrible."

"C'mon John, stop being so salty!" Peggy laughed, pushing him slightly while sitting down next to him. Herc sat on his other side. "Your soulmate will come around sooner or later."

"But like... what if I don't have a soulmate?" John asked, crossing his arms. "What if literally no one is destined to love me?"

"Don't be stupid!" Hercules gaped. "Of course you have a soulmate! Everyone does!" John just scoffed.

"Yeah. I guess." Despite the reassurance, John still couldn't help but let his mind wander. He probably didn't have a soulmate. I mean, why else would it take so long for them to talk to him?

"Here," Peggy sighed, grabbing his right arm and yanking it towards herself, "why don't you just.... write something yourself instead of waiting around?" She whipped out a black ball point pen and began writing. "There, perfect." John looked down at his wrist.

"E? E? Really? Peggy, what the fuck!?"

"Don't worry, it'll be fine!" Peggy scoffed.

"You just sent my soulmate the stupidest meme ever what the hell."

Herc stifled a laugh. "Dude, chill. It's your soulmate, they won't care." John grumbled a bit.

"Okay, whatever," he mumbled as the bell ringed. Mr. Washington walked in just after the bell.

"Hello class," he started in a monotone voice. "Today, we will be learning about the Revolutionary War."