No Homo

John was currently in the bathroom, trying to clean up his tear stained face. He was also trying to start breathing at a regular pace, which he deemed hard to do. He didn't know what Peggy and Hercules were doing downstairs, but he was worried. When Peggy had dragged the taller man downstairs she looked like she was about to burst into tears, most likely out of anger but possibly out of sadness. John sighed and laid back against the door, slowly sliding down it until he hit the shiny marble floors. Has he mentioned that the Schuyler's were rich?  Because holy cow, they had some cash. Well, so did John. But he didn't like talking about that.

John took in a deep breath and closed his eyes, trying to think happy thoughts. His sisters. His brothers. The fact that his mother was working her ass off to get him and the rest if his siblings away from their father. The fact that pretty soon, John would be able to do whatever he wanted without his father nagging him about it. That, for some reason, gave him a boost of confidence. He could only pray that the day when he and his family were free from his father came soon.

John's eyes shot open when he heard someone stumbling up the stairs. He heard a loud thump, like someone had fallen. A quiet "Fuck," came after it. John relaxed in relief. It was only Peggy. Who else did he expect it to be? A soft knock sounded at the bathroom's door. "Can I come in?" John lifted himself off the floor.

"Yeah." Peggy opened the door and cautiously stepped into the bathroom. She smiled widely at John, he tried to return the gesture.

"Hey," Peggy started, calmly, "my sisters new boyfriend is downstairs and Herc wants you to meet him for a reason unknown to me." John nodded. He was used to meeting new people, he had to do it often with his father.  He cleared his throat a bit before straightening out his shirt.

"Well, lets go." Peggy nodded and grabbed Johns arm, quietly talking to John about random, and honestly unimportant, things. John and Peggy walked downstairs while the others were in a very heated game of Apples to Apples. John smiled, noticing the new person in the room. He did a double-take when the young man sitting on the couch looked up to face him. John's mouth dried up. He forgot how to speak.

The man was all in all quite handsome, messy black hair tied in a low pony tail. The man smiled at John with the prettiest smile in the whole god damned world, and before John could help himself his heart doubled in pace. "I'm John Laurens," John said, smiling as bright as he could.

No, this is wrong.

"Al... Alexander Hamilton," Alexander mumbled. God, he even had the voice of an angel. And his eyes, they were a beautiful rich dark brown that John just wanted to drown in.

No no no.

John's cheeks felt prickly and hot. That's when he noticed he was blushing.

n o t  h i m  p l e a s e .

John stepped back and looked off to the side. This isn't okay. This is wrong, this is bad, this is- "I should get going." John looked up at  Alexander, confusion settling into his stomach.

"You just got here," Eliza seemed to grumble. Odd.

"I... I know," he breathed, "but my moms not doing to well and I really need to go. I'm sorry." John's stomach was doing back flips, and he didn't know why. Because he was not.... into.... John shivered at the thought. Its bad and its not me, he thought, tugging at the sleeve of his sweater. Eliza's features softened.

"It's okay, Alex. I hope your mom gets better soon," Eliza cooed. Alexander nodded a bit, and turned to walk away. Okay, he was going to pass John on his way out. What was John supposed to say? I want to get to know you better? I can't wait to see you again? No, to clingy. "Wait," Eliza called, startling John out of his thoughts. John watched as Eliza grabbed onto Alexander's arm and pulled him into a... kiss.

Johns heart cracked a bit, but he was fine. Because he always was. Alexander pulled away and whispered something to her, smiling a sickening sweet smile that John wished was meant for him- I mean what. "Bye!" Eliza replied. John watched silently as Alexander waved curtly to Hercules. He made his way up to John and oh god he was so close, John just wanted to- give him a formal goodbye.

"Nice meeting you," John smiled. Alexander's cheeks flushed slightly. The young man nodded in reply and walked out of the family room, making his way to the front door. Peggy slipped out of the room and followed him.

"So, John," Eliza started, "what do you think about Alex?"

"Alex," John mumbled, liking the way the name rolled around his mouth. "hes... pretty fuckin' cool." Eliza smiled, and John took a seat next to her. He wasn't good friends with Eliza, but that's okay. He laid back on the couch, smiling like an idiot. John Laurens wasn't sure about a lot of things- was his mom okay, are his siblings happy, do his teachers actually like him- but there was one thing he knew for a fact.

As long as Alexander Hamilton was in his life, he doesn't need any soulmate.

•••

Hiiii

What's your name

How are you

How's your life?

Finish the lyrics if you want to, I'm bored

My stomach hurts so bad ;-;-;-;-;

Um

This is the longest chapter in this book. That's pretty neat.

There really wasn't any purpose to writing this A/N but we are here now sooo....

Okay I love you live your best life bye