Sleep Who

School sucks.

Alexander should know, as he's been in school for about twelve years.

It was first period at Princeton High, and Alexander sat peacefully in his math class before it started. He was waiting for his friends who, somehow, had the same math class as him. "Alexander!"

There they are.

"Hey guys," Alex said, smiling happily. Maria Lewis, a young girl with a great sense of style sat down on Alexander's left. She had recently gotten out of an abusive relationship, which Alexander applauded her for. He knew how hard that could be.

"How are you, Alex?" asked his other friend, Lafayette. A tall frenchman with unruly curls. He loved to pretend not to know English, just to confuse others.

"Meh," replied Alex.

"Hear anything from your soulmate?"

"Nope," Alexander replied, taking his laptop out of his backpack. "I don't really mind. I'm sure that whenever they are ready they'll write." To be honest, he didn't really want his soulmate to write. Like, it's great, he supposed. A soulmate, how fun! Well it would be fun, except for the fact that Alexander had a crush. On this girl. Her name is Elizabeth Schuyler, and she was one of his best friends. He's scared that she isn't his soulmate.

"You are so confidant, Alexandre," cooed Lafayette. Alex just shrugged.

"What about you guys? How are your soulmates?" Lafayette's eyes lit up like it was Christmas.

"My soulmate is great! He's Irish! Isn't that so cool! Look!" Lafayette rolled up his sleeve and showed his arm which was covered in neat handwriting.

"Cool! What about you, Maria?"

"Oh... well I don't really know their name... we don't really talk a lot," she shrugged.

"That's okay," Alexander said, grabbing a travel mug filled with hot coffee from his bag.

"Alex, did you eat anything other than coffee this morning?" Maria asked.

"Does red bull count?"

"When was the last time you slept?" Lafayette inquired.

"Uhm... I don't remember?" Maria and Laf shared a concerned glance. "Alex," Lafayette sighed, "you have to take better care of yourself!"

"I'm fine," Alexander replied, taking a sip of his coffee. A slight itching sensation spread around his right wrist, but Alexander didn't think much of it.

"Well-" Maria was cut off by the bell wringing. Mr. Greene walked into the class only a moment later.

"Okay class," he sighed, "today we are going to be learning about... some math..."