Deal?

Alexanders chest hurt. What the hell did he just do?He walked out of his fourth period, heading to his fifth. "Hey, babe!" Eliza said, ruining Alexander's train of thought.

"Hey, Lizzy!"

"So... I was thinking that... well, would you like to come over to my house tonight?" Alex looked anywhere but his girlfriend. He felt guilty, for some reason. He noticed Angelica being ushered out of the bathroom by a confused and slightly scared Peggy.

"Uhm... sure," he replied, shakily. Eliza smiled, slightly concerned. "I gotta get to fifth."

Lizzy smiled. "Okay, I'll see you later. Bye!"

•••

Fifth period was boring. Science... not Alexander's favorite subject. And then there was sixth. Sixth period was great, actually. History was Alexander's favorite class, especially because Eliza was in it. There was a lot of shameless quiet flirting. Finally, the last bell of the day rung and Alexander was able to go home. "Ready to head to my house?" Eliza asked, voice bubbly with excitement. Oh, right.

"Yeah, of course! Lets go!" The two made their way to the Schuyler household. Peggy was already there, and apparently Angelica was off with a friend.

Eliza and Alexander were hand-in-hand as they walked up the drive way of the mansion the Schuyler's lived in. Alexander gasped at the sight. "Welcome home," Elizabeth smiled. "Er- my home." Alexander nodded and smiled sweetly. "Uhm... lets go inside."

Eliza ushered Alex inside, where the two were met with Peggy yelling and Hercules holding her arm gently. "Whats happening here?" Alexander interrupted. The shouting ceased and Peggy turned and looked at Alexander, tears brimming in her eyes.

"Who the fuck are you?"

"Peggy," Elizabeth gasped, "language!"

"No worries, I'm Alexander." He reached out and Peggy reluctantly shook his hand.

"He's my boyfriend," Eliza said smugly. Peggy nodded.

"You're the guy she was kissing earlier?" Alex just nodded.

"I'm Hercules." Alex already knew that, but Hercules didn't need to know that. Alex took Herc's outstretched hand in his own. Peggy swiped the tears out of her eyes. Herc leaned down and mumbled something into the younger girls ear, and her eyes widened.

"Yeah, okay. I'll be right back," she mumbled before running up the stairs, almost falling more than once. Eliza laughed awkwardly.

"You guys wanna play like... Apples to Apples or something?"

•••

Five minutes into Apples to Apples, Peggy came downstairs. Someone was following her. Alex looked up and saw the handsomest guy he has ever seen... ever. Time seemed to stop. He had curly brown hair that was tied up in a messy bun. Freckles covered his face, neck, and arms. Hazel green eyes that were slightly puffy, but Alex didn't notice. He carried himself with so much confidence, Alexander almost fainted. "I'm John Laurens," the guy said, mustering up a smile.

"Al... Alexander," Alex replied. He saw John's cheeks flush a bit. This odd sensation made Alex's chest tingle. That's when Alex remembered that his girlfriend was sitting right next to him. Alex shuffled a bit and coughed. He stood. "I should get going," he breathed out.

"You just got here?" Eliza whined.

"I.. I know. But my moms not doing to well and I really need to go," he said. He wasn't lying. His mother was currently very sick, and his brother had to constantly work to get enough money for the three of them. Alex was the only one who was able to help his mom. "I'm sorry."

Eliza's eyes filled with pity. "It's okay, Alex. I hope your mom gets better soon." Alex nodded and started to leave. "Wait!" Eliza grabbed Alex's arm and pecked him on the lips. Alex smiled into the kiss before pulling away.

"Bye," Alex whispered.

"Bye!" Alex then left for real, waving to Hercules on his way out. He walked past John, opened his mouth to say something, then closed it right after.

"Nice meeting you." Alex walked out the door, Peggy following close behind him.

"Hey!" she called. Alex turned. "Why were you acting all weird with John?" Shit. They knew. Alex stared at Peggy before sighing. He felt like he could trust her.

"I... I think he's my soulmate?" Peggy's eyes widened. She stalked over to him and slammed her fist into his face. "Ow!" he yelped, rubbing the side of his cheek. Peggy glared at him. "Okay... I may have deserved that."

Peggy just nodded before mumbling, "I swear to all that is good, if you are right about him being your soulmate," she spat out the word like it was poison, "you better not hurt him like that ever again." Alexander cringed.

"Yeah.... I don't know why I wrote that," he shoved his jacket sleeve up and stared at the two shaky words, "fuck. I'm a horrible person. I guess I was just scared. I've liked Eliza for a while now and—" Peggy cut him off.

"Look," she grumbled, pinching the bridge of her nose, her eyes glaring at the floor, "I don't care how many times you say you love my sister, I saw the way you looked at John. Ever heard of 'love at first sight?' Yeah. So, lets make a deal. I don't really want you to hurt my sister but... don't tell her this... John is way more important to me. Yeah, I know. My best friend," Peggy made sure Alexander understood that John was her best friend and that if he ever does more stupid shit again, he'd get it, "is more important to me than my sister. It's weird.

"Anyway, I want to help you. Help you and John... eh... get together," she said, toying with one of her curls. Alex stared at her, confused.

"That came out of no where," he mumbled. Peggy just shrugged.

"Anyways. Deal or no deal?"

"I like Eliza a lot, so I don't—"

"Pffft, I saw the way you stared at Johnny Boy, you were practically drooling. Deal. Or. No. Deal?"

"Uhm.... deaaaal?" Peggy smiled.

"Good. Now, do you want a ride home?" Alex meekly nodded. As he and Peggy walked to Peggy's car, Alex couldn't help but wonder...

What the hell did he get himself into?

•••

HI SISTERS

sorry

future me here

I edited this chapter a bit so uuuhbb yeah

okay past me you have the floor:

Im to lazy to re-read this rn soooo

I'm not gonna edit it.

also I wrote half of it on my phone and half of it on my computer.

don't judge me.

okay live ur best life ily bye