Seven

*Peters POV*
I looked at them all in gratitude, grabbed my bag from the corner and left the room. I was so relieved that everyone here accepted me and loved me, at least whilest Pops was thinking about what he had said I could stay here without anyone judging me. I pressed the button that took me to the second floor in the lift and up I went. After the short lift ride- I went to my room, sat on my bed and checked my phone. There was one message, I was filled with hope that it was Pops telling me how he was sorry for kicking me out. It wasn't Pops, it was Dad.

'Hey Underoos, I hope you are all okay. I got FRIDAY's message and you have nothing to be sorry for. I have had a long and serious talk with your Pops- but it still isn't finished. I love you so much and I'm so proud of you.'

I quickly messaged back saying:

'Hi Dad, I'm alright I guess and thank you so much. I'm a bit tired so I should sleep, so night and I love you too'

I switched my phone off. Layed face down on my bed and cried for a good 30 minutes. All I could hear was the disappointment in Pops voice and I could only see the let down in his usually joyful eyes. Without realising I had began to hyperventilate.

What if he doesnt love me?
What if I ruin my parents marriage?
What if he won't let me return home?
What if I turn everyone against him?
What if I'm a disappointment to him?
What if he never speaks to me again?
What if I cause major arguments between everyone?

They were just some of the thoughts racing through my head as I sat on the edge of my bed with my head in my hands, I was now gasping for air whilest letting the silent stream of tears run down my face. I didn't think anyone was near until I heard someone at the door.

"Kid? Are you okay in there?"

*Buckys POV*
After the kid left the room I sighed, Steve really had broken him. I was very annoyed at Steve for doing this to him, he could use the good old 'I grew up in the 40's' excuse but so was I, I never let the time period I grew up in affect how I treated someone, we may have fine well grew up in 1940 but this is 2018- times have changed, so should we. Steve was meant to represent everything good about America, but this? This was not one of them. I shouldn't of let Peter leave, he could be majorly upset- note to self: go and check on the kid at some point. My train of thoughts was interrupted by Nat.

"What got into you just then? I have never seen you so comforting towards others- especially Peter, who you rarely talk to." She bluntly asked.

"The kid needed me, think about it- Steve is the one who kicked him out and I so happen to be Steve's best friend. And anyways that kid looked so broken and I couldn't bare to see him like that- it hurt me inside." I calmly responded

"Barnes, you're getting softer by the minute. But really though- I'm sure Pete appreciates what you did for him, and I'm glad you did it." Nat replied- you could hear the gratitude in her voice.

"What do we do about Steve?" Sam asked

"We leave him until he can come to his senses- I'm sure Tony has had a few words, we can't push Steve- he needs to think on his own. I don't wanna make it any worse for the Kid." Clint grimly said.

"Clints right, and knowing Tony, Steve hasn't got off lightly- that I can assure you!" Rhodey remarked.

We all nodded in agreement. Pete needed Steve's love- Pete needed his Pops. The kid was a crying mess without him and it was not like him at all, which is what caused the most unsettling in me. The kid could talk for hours and always had energy- but today he was hardly talking and looked tired beyond belief. I saw the effects of what Steve had done and it wasn't good, that's why I am not willing to jeopardise Pete's relationship with Steve by 'having words' Tony could, but not me- or any of us here. Peter needed us, he needed us to stay strong and not bite back at Steve. But if Steve has said anything awful then we will be having words. I decided that it was time that I checked on Peter and just made sure that he was alright- and we could have that chat that I suggested before.