Chapter twenty eight

The next day, they had fansign. Unlike always when the members used to be excited to meet old and new fans and hang out with them, the mood was depressing. Instead of the loud dressing room with enjoyable environment, there was a haunting silence that kept the staff on their toes.

They tried to talk and lift the mood up but Bangtan members seemed to be too deep in their thoughts to even hear and acknowledge if someone was conversing with them.

The mangers were worried that if this kept on going like this, the event would be a disaster. The members, of course, knew that but socialising at that particular moment was just too much for them as everyone worried about how this will end.

Taehyung was still sick and they had no idea what was going on in his mind and unless they find out, they won't know what they could do to help.

In the room where there was no sound except for footsteps and hairdryers and different accessories clinking together, a phone went off.

No one thought much of it and just kept on working. Whoever it belonged to will pick it up sooner or later. But the phone still kept on ringing, pissing everyone off.

"Just pick that shit up or throw it in a wall already!" Yoongi huffed when it rang for the fifth time.

Turned out, it was Taehyung's phone, the boy who was sleeping in the corner of the room, already done with his makeup.

"Hey Tae?" Jimin softly whispered, shaking him gently.

Taehyung rubbed his eyes, messing the make up a little bit, before opening them slightly, the light too bright for his dull and dark life.

"It's your phone. It might be an emergency. It's been ringing for a while now." He said in a low voice, worried for the sick younger who had admitted that he had a headache before forcing himself to fall asleep.

Taehyung didn't say anything but his eyes widened a bit in panic as he took his phone.

Eon Jin

Instead of picking it up in the room, he got up with some effort, confused Jimin helping him nonetheless, and left the room with the still ringing cellphone.

Half of the members gritted their teeth in hurt while the rest hung their head low in guilt.

Jungkook was going to follow him secretly but Sejin shook his head.

"We don't have much time. Just get ready." He said and followed V himself instead.

V left the room and entered another empty room in an attempt to have some privacy.

"What's wrong?" He said immediately, picking up.

"O-Oppa! M-mom! She... she isn't-"She tried to talk.

"Hey.. breath.. okay? Just clam down. Tell me what happened!" He started off gently but his voice turned desperate in the end.

"W-we can't find her a-anywhere. S-she left."

"W-what?"

"T-they checked the c-cameras! Oppa, she l-left with the guy.... the one who k-kidnapped you."

Taehyung almost died right then and there. He could almost feel his heart stopping, the beat so slow, it could just barely be heard.

"Are you fu**ing with me, Eon Jin?! This is not a sick joke! What the heck do you think you're saying?!" He yelled at his phone, tears already making their way out of his eyes.

"I d-don't know why! I'm not j- ....why w-would I e-ever..." she trailed off, crying as well.

"Hyung?" Jeon Gyu took the phone from his sister.