Chapter 3~ Flagged

Mitch scrolled through the entries on his diary. He scrolled through his future.

"Everything I've seen" he began "no, everything I'm going to see is already written for me. A diary that randomly predicts my future." A slightly twisted smile grew in Mitch's face "I own my future."

<<>>

Throughout the rest of the week, Mitch had used his diary to his advantage. He used it on tests, getting out of trouble before trouble even happened, on winning Hunger Games and Draw My Thing. He used it all the time. He had his own future in the palm of his hand. Who wouldn't use it?

Mitch had been using his diary for about a week when one of Jason's annoying tests came around.

"Teacher!" Adam yelled waving his hand "What's up with question five? We never learned this crap!" Jason sighed as he looked up from his book. If he wasn't wearing a helment the students would have seen his eyes roll."Just try your best. Alright?"

Adam let put a huffy sigh as Mitch mentally laughed at him. 'Oh Adam, you silly boy. Try taking a peak into my mind. I've got all the answers right here. Oh, but I won't let you in so easily.'

As he finished bubbling in another answer, he noticed a student in front of him turn around. Upon looking up his eyes locked with Jerome, sending chills down his spine. Jerome turned back around and began fiddling with something Mitch couldn't quite see. 'Did he just look this way?' Mitch thought 'Why? He has great grades, everyone admires him, and he is fairly handsome... Why look at me?'

Jason walked over to Jerome "Uh hey Jerome? We're kinda in the middle of a test here dude."

Jerome didn't look up from whatever he was fiddling with."Its just a mental exercise. Don't worry about it."

Jason let out a measured breath "Just don't get to distracted." He flopped back down in his chair and went back to reading his book.

Mitch glanced back at Jerome 'Something's off about him. I can feel it.'

<<>>

Everyone was dismissed from Teacher, but just as Mitch was about to leave something caught his eye. Upon Jerome's desk was a small figure. Mitch got a closer look, then he froze. The figure was Ender. 'No' he thought in disbelief 'Impossible'

Just then Mitch's phone went off making a screeching noise. He flipped open to his diary and read the last entry "Dead End." he paused "What does this mean? What is this future?"

"Why its your future of course." Mitch spun around to be met with Jerome "It's your future Mitch." A grin spread across Jerome's face, giving Mitch an uneasy feeling.

"I knew you were one." Jerome said as he slowly walked towards Mitch. Mitch stepped back a few steps before darting out of the room and down the hall.

He made it out of the building, not once looking behind him. As he continued to run down the street he check his diary. 'Jerome got to the end of the street before I did.' Just as he read through the entry Jerome popped out from behind a building.

"Hey!" he called out. Mitch skidded to a halt then darted off in the other direction. 'Why?' he thought to himself 'Why is this happening to me? What is even going on? '

Mitch ran until he reached an old abandoned building. He opened the elevator and hit the button for the fourteenth floor. 'How is he doing this? I'm the only one who can, unless-' Mitch's train of thought was derailed as the elevator doors came to a sudden halt. He turned around to see a furry paw sliding the doors open as Jerome strolled in. Mitch backed away until he was crammed into the far corner of the elevator.

"Have you noticed?" Jerome asked, holding up a light blue phone. 'Another diary owner?' Mitch though 'B-but how?'

~•~
A/N

Hey I decided to upload a day early cuz I already had the chapter done and I just realized I have over 300 reads. In 3 weeks I got 300 reads on this book... That is just fracking awesome! Thanks for all the votes and comments and stuff it really means a lot. I will probably be uploading every Saturday. If I don't then I've had my phone taken away or I've died. No worries doe. Alrighty, stay bossome y'all and as always, peace out ninjas.

~Sushi ♥