Chapter 5 ~ Hunger Games

Mitch went on with his normal activities the next day. The events of the last few days were running around in his mind as he made his way to Teacher.

'My future diary' he thought ' a diary that writes the future as if I had written it. There are others with them too. Their objective is to hunt the other diary holders down and kill them. Last one standing becomes The Creator. I killed the third diary owner. But did I really kill him?'

<<>>

Teacher was just ending. Mitch couldn't think straight the for the entire day. 'Isn't it dangerous just to have this with me? I mean I literally have my life in my hands. I can't even talk to anyone about it. well...' Mitch glanced up at Jerome for a brief moment 'No. What am I thinking? He's absolutely insane! But maybe he's the only one I can trust...'

Teacher ended and everyone began to bustle about. Mitch went up to Jerome

"Uh, hey Jerome?" He said "Do you have a moment?"

"Sorry." Jerome replied "I have to run if I wanna meet the guys for Skywars. Maybe lager thought. See ya!" And with that Jerome bolted out the door.

Mitch sighed. 'What was I expecting?' 

"Hey common!" Mitch peaked his head out of the door way. Several of his classmates dashed down the hallway. "Next Hunger Games starts in five!"

'Hunger games. Sounds like a good way to burn time.' Mitch bolted right behind them to the mini game server.

They raced out of the Teacher building and took a sharp left to the warp portal. One by one, they disappeared into the purple vapor. Mitch ran through only seconds behind the others and emerged into the mini game server.

He ran to his right, passing Draw My Thing and Super Smash Mobs before meeting the Hunger Games lobby. Above the portal Mitch watch the counter go down. There were only four spots available and his classmates were still in front of him.

Mitch sprinted as the first one made it in and the counter decreased. Three spots left. Now two. Mitch ran faster than he ever had before. The counter hit one and Mitch extended his arm to the purple vortex and in a split second was now standing on a platform facing the cornucopia.

Now that the arena was full, the round would start in seconds. Mitch made use of his time. He flipped open his. He scrolled quickly through the entries to find the most recent event and quickly read.