Chapter 4 ~ The First

Mitch was cornered in the elevator with Jerome, another diary owner. 'How is this even possible?' Mitch thought to himself. 'If I don't get out of here, who knows what will happen to me. Mitch broke into a sweat as Jerome only got closer. 'Wait, my arrows!' Mitch had been so absent minded that that morning, he completely forgot about his bow and quiver full of arrows strapped to his back. He quickly reached up for his arrows.

"You won't." Jerome said as Mitch's hand grasped an arrow.  He had just draw the arrow over his head when Jerome leapt over to Mitch, rapping one arm around Mitch and grabbing his wrist with his other. They stayed in the embrace only momentarily.

"You won't stab me. That's what the future says." Jerome said as he pulled away and slipped the arrow out of Mitch's hand. Mitch just stood there, mouth gapping and at a loss for words.

"F-future?" Mitch finally stuttered. Jerome grinned. "You've got this all mixed up Mitch." Jerome glanced down and his grin faded. "He's here." Mitch glanced through the elevator windows and spotted a figure wearing a helmet on the ground below.

"Who's that?" Mitch asked "Serial killer. He's been all over the news. He's the Third."

"The Third?" The elevator came to a stop at the floor, but Jerome pushed another button for a higher floor.

"Hey, What are-" Mitch began but was cut off by Jerome "Don't you see? It says right here that you die on the fourteenth floor."Jerome shoved his phone in Mitch's face. Mitch read the entry 3:40pm Mitch dies on the 14th floor. Mitch read the other entries on the screen. His face flushed of color when he noticed a disturbing reoccurrence with the entries.

"T-they're all about me." Jerome grinned and glanced down at the ground "Well my diary is the Mitchell diary. Every ten minutes I can read about your future. Its my future diary of love." Mitch was silent in disbelief 'He wrote about me every ten minutes? Talk about a stalker."

The elevator reached the top floor, the roof. Mitch and Jerome both exited the elevator.

"The rooftop? Why did you bring us up here?." Mitch asked, slight displeasure in his tone.

"He has a diary too. It doesn't matter where we go, he'll always find us. Isn't it nice being out in open air?" Jerome said, stretching nonchalantly. 'Great ' Mitch thought 'I'm trapped on a roof with a psycho stalker and a crazy murderer armed with a future diary is after me. Not you average Tuesday'

"Well what now? We just wait until he comes up here and kills us?" Mitch asked "Don't worry" Jerome said "I have a plan!" he held out the arrow he had taken from Mitch earlier.

<<>>

The killer had made to the rooftop. He scanned the area but couldn't see anyone. "They're not here" he mumbled. Mitch was watching from behind a stack of creates using both his and Jerome's diary they had set up like a camera and monitor to see what was happening. He waited for the right moment as Jerome's words echoed through his head.