3 // apartments

Harry's POV

✧☽✧

I am probably turning into a human dimple just sitting at the round table for two as Louis talks on and on.

A little more than a year had passed since my eighteenth birthday and I had already found my soulmate. I never expected my soul mate to be a male, but it's whatever. Just watching him sit there with his sweater paws and red cheeks bitten by the cold made me stuck in the moment.

"So, where do you live?" I ask Louis. And he shrugs.

"Like, in London," Louis responds, keeping a straight face. However, I laugh and he smiles down at his tea. Yorkshire tea with 1/4 of the cup milk, and he's a miffy. I could never forget that.

"I live literally right down the road from here. It takes about three minutes to get here," I tell him.

"My flat is a few blocks away," he says. I nod and take a sip of my hot chocolate. "Maybe, um... Maybe you could come over soon?"

I smile, "Yeah. Yeah, of course."

A short silence follows and they sit looking out the frosted window. Flurries had begun to fall and the roads would be covered in snow and ice within an hour or so. I am the first to talk.

"I'm, um, available all Friday," he says shyly. Louis nods and his eyes sparkle like a Disney prince's. But last time I recalled, that didn't happen in real life. He must be a dream.

So numbers and addresses were exchanged and I gave up my heart (and heterosexuality).

We part shortly after, for Louis and I had work shifts this morning. The days quickly pass and before I know it, I am on a taxi to Louis'.

The ride between our flats isn't too far, so I could walk later in the year when it becomes warmer. For now, the icy sidewalks would prevent me from doing anything of that sort.

The taxi suddenly jerks me forward in my seat. I look out my window and find myself looking at tall rows of pale apartments. After I pay the driver, I get out of the cab and try to find my way to building 300, which was probably somewhere in the middle of the maze of homes. It took a few minutes, but I finally found Louis' building on the very opposite side of where the taxi driver dropped me off at. Usually I would be absolutely furious, but as I came up to Louis' front door I could smell the clothes drying inside. It was like that scent that you love when you come back home after a long time.

I knock on the door with that tune everybody uses. Knock, knockity, knock, knock... knock knock.

Within seconds, I hear his feet padding towards the door and I take a step back and look down the hall to seem natural and not anxious.

The door opens and my attention focuses on the sweatpants and hoodie Louis standing before me with a goofy smile. And I was probably returning a smile ten times more goofy.

-----

hiiii sorry for not updating in like.... a long time. but even with my absence, i have gotten over 300 reads!?!!?!??! thanks sososoo much and i'll definitely be updating more often i swear :)

-maggie