epilogue

Every day, Harry visited Louis in the hospital. Sometimes it was only for thirty minutes if Harry was busy that day, but if he was free, he would be there for hours. Occasionally, Harry would stay the night.

If only Louis knew that.

Right after Louis' attempt, he could not wake for weeks. April 6th was when he came out of his coma, so it took two months for him to be almost completely healed. However, Louis did not fully wake up until the summer of that year. Exactly, it was June 2nd.

Harry had visited that day for only a few minutes, for he had to get home to prepare and decorate for his end of high school party with his few close friends. An hour after he left, Louis awoke, and it took Harry until the next day's visit to find out. At first, he was upset at Jay for not immediately telling him that Louis was active, but he later realized that she could have been very emotional those days. He couldn't blame her!

When Harry first walked into the hospital Louis was staying at after he woke up, he was told that Louis was occupied with the doctor and a few nurses for a checkup. Harry nodded and sat in the waiting room after signing his name to be called when Louis was available. Just like he did once a week, he had a few flowers in a vase and a 'get well balloon'. He was wearing one of Louis' black sweaters because it smelled like him. About an hour or so passed until his name was called, and Harry headed down the hospital's familiar hallways.

Harry arrived at Louis' hospital room and turned the door knob, opening the door with a quiet creak coming from its hinges. The first thing Harry noticed was Louis sitting up in his bed with a book in his hands. Glasses were perched on Louis' nose as he read the words on the pages. All Harry could think to do was stand there with wide eyes, trying his hardest not to drop the balloon and beautiful bouquet of flowers.

When Louis looked up he had a blank expression, but Harry immediately smiled and ran over to his bedside, dropping the balloon and flowers anyways. Harry embraced Louis in a big hug, burrying his head into his neck and wrapping his arms around his waist. Tears of joy ran down Harry's cheeks as he took in Louis' scent and moved one of his hands up to play with Louis' hair. Harry pulled back and looked into the blue eyes that were more blue than a sapphire jem and brighter than any supernova in the deep space.

And sad. They looked sad.

Harry frowned once he realized Louis did not seem comfortable with him being so close. He tried hard to put on a small grin.

Harry began, "I missed-"

"Leave."

Harry paused for a moment, Louis' words making their ways into Harry's mind.

"What?" Harry questioned.

"I want you to leave. Right now," Louis demanded. Harry gave him a confused expression and shook his head, looking down at the ground before looking at Louis again. "Are you deaf? I want you to leave me alone." And with that, Louis peeled Harry's hands off of him and opened his book again.

A million thoughts ran through Harry's head, most of them asking why. Why?

Louis looked up from his book at Harry once more, then back at the book. He sighed and turned the page and then continuing. He knew it bothered Harry, so he did it.

"What did I do, babe?" Harry whispered, his voice hardly heard over the turning of another page in Louis' book. Louis tightened his grip on the novel and he bit his lip. He snapped his attention to Harry, his expression full of sadness, but mostly anger.

"What did you do? What did you do?" Louis took a deep breath before continuing, his voice even louder, "You broke us, Harry. We are - were - meant to be and you ruined it!" Harry opened his mouth to speak, but Louis raised his finger to stop him. "No. You know what you did."