10 // doors

last chapter

Harry's POV

✧☽✧

Me: Lou, we're checking your flat again. I love you

"Are you sure you haven't missed any texts from him?" my mom asks me. I shake my head and see Louis' mother looking at me in the rear-view mirror with a worried expression.

We had done everything: asked neighbors and friends, searched almost every place in London, and even called the police. Nobody had seen him and there was an AMBER alert in and around the city.

I lean my head onto the cold window in the backseat. It raises goosebumps on my skin and all I could feel was sadness inside of me. Had I done something wrong? This had all happened so suddenly and I can't help but to check my phone every minute, even if it never rings.

The car pulls up to Louis' flat building and as soon as the doors unlock, I burst out of the door and run into the building and up the stairs.

#284... #284... #284...

#284. I knock on his door rapidly and bounce on my heels. Louis' mom and my mom reach me and catch their breath. A minute passes and I knock again, but their is no response.

Turning around to face Jay and ask, "Do you have a key?" To my dismay, she shakes her head. Just in case, I look to my mom, but she shakes her head, too.

Louis was going to give me a copy of his key to me tomorrow...

I turn back again and crack my knuckles. My hand reaches out to the door and I push, seeing that the hinges are already a bit loose. Maybe if I push on it enough, it'll fall down.

"Can I help you?" Jay asks, catching onto my plan. I nod and she joins me. We turn our shoulders to the door and ram into it. The door moves some, but it may not be able to break down quickly. Plus, Jay's shoulder would be hurting soon. Mine would, too, but I wouldn't stop for Louis. So, with that in mind, I keep running into the door again and again and again.

Pain runs through my shoulder and I can feel my eyes tearing up from the aching in my bones and the need to hold Louis to make sure he is okay. But something tells me he isn't, so I keep going.

The loud noises from the banging echoes through the hallway, and my sobs aren't making it any better. It rings in my head as the pains in my shoulder begins to numb. Was my shoulder bone broken?

My opposite arm is pulled back and I feel my mother holding me. Her words fade and come back every once in a while.

"Harry, darling... Your shoulder... it's bleeding..."

I lean onto the wall opposite of Louis' flat and cry even harder. Something makes me realize that Louis is in deep trouble and I won't be able to do anything about it.

"Harry, we've got it!"

I whip around to see his door wide open with multiple hair clips in the lock, but my mother must have used her credit card to move the lock like she usually does when we get locked out. I wipe the thoughts away and run into the flat.

His shoes are on the floor, messily laying by the front door. It's extremely cold and my skin freezes, and then I notice that every window visible is open.

Around me, mine and Louis' mother calls his name out, but I'm trying to think of where he is.

"He's here," I mumble. Everything around me silences as they both look in my direction. My eyes are set on the wall in front of me. "His windows were closed this morning and he was wearing those shoes this morning."