Chapter 9

Zarkon stood on a chopped tree as an eagle flew by dropping an item into his hands. A Doll.

He dropped down and let 3 of his men analyze it.

"Black pine. From the high mountains."

"White hair from Garrison stallions."

"Sulfur from canons."

Zarkon took the doll back. "This doll came from the Kerberos pass, the Garrison army is waiting for us." He said.

"We can avoid them easily." One man said.

"No." Zarkon said. "The only way to get to the Empress is through that pass. Plus a little girl is missing this doll." He grinned so evily.

"We should take it to her...."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Night fell at the camp as we find Katie by a lake.

"This is a bad idea Katie!" Green stammers. "What if someone sees you?!"

"Just because I'm pretending to be a man doesn't mean I have to smell like one." Katie says as she strips the rest of her clothing off.

Katie Then stepped into the water as she felt relaxed.

Green couldn't watch any longer. "Alright, you're clean now lets go!" She says.

"Green, if you're so worried, go stand watch." Katie suggested as she continued to swim a bit.

Green began to walk off. "Yeah just stand watch she says." She mutters to herself.

Just then.....

Three men ran by as they stripped their clothing and jump in the water. It was Lance, Keith, and Hunk!

"Oh no! What do I do?!" Green asked herself.

Katie heard the laughter coming from the 3 boys and covered herself and hid a bit underwater.

The boys swam around as Keith saw Katie hide behind a rock. "Hey Pidge!" He called out.

Katie froze and faced them. "Oh hey guys!" She said. "I was just leaving so I'm gonna go!"

"Hey wait!" Lance says as he swims to her. "I know we were jerks to you before, so Let's start over." He suggests.

Katie let go of the rock as she used her arms to cover her chest.

"So Hi, I'm Lance. Lance McClain." He introduces as he shakes hands. Katie used one arm to shake and the other to cross over her chest.

"H-Hey..." She studders as she pulls her hand away and runs into the other boy.

"And I'm Hunk Garret." Hunk says.

"Hello Hunk..." Katie smiled.

"And I..." Katie looked over to instantly regret it as her face turns really red and shields her eyes.

"I AM KEITH KOGANE! KING OF THE ROCK!" Keith shouts as he stood naked on the rock.

(A/n: SHEILD YOUR EYES PIDGE CHILD!!!)

"And there's nothing you girls can do about it..." Keith teased.

"Oh yeah?!" Lance laughed. "Well I think Pidge and I can take ya!"

Katie began to swim away. "I don't want to take him anywhere." She said.

Lance swam to her. "Come on Pidge we have to fight!"

"No we don't, we can just close our eyes and swim around!" Katie stammered.

"Come on Pidge." Lance says as he pulls on her arm. "Don't be such a-"

Just then....

"OUCH! Something bit me!" Lance yelled.

Green swam to the surface as she spat. "Why did I think that was a good Idea?!"

"SNAKE!" Lance yelled as He, Keith, and Hunk scrambled around.

Katie called for Rover as they continued to shriek like girls.

Katie then got her chance to run. She got out of the water and wrapped her towel around.

Meanwhile the boys stopped screaming and just sat on the rock.

"So...." Lance began. "Some King of the rock."

Keith then pushed Lance back in the water.

Back with Katie...

"Quiznack! That was close." She said as she wrapped the towel.

Green followed. "No that was vile!"

"You didn't have to do that..." Katie reminded.

"Well I had to help in some way, just not doing that...." Green replied.

Katie sighed."Well anyway, after what I just witnessed with Keith standing on that rock, I NEVER want to see another naked man again."

Just then, the rest of the troops ran passed her, running into the water.

"Don't look at me I am not biting any more butts." Green said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katie walked to her tent as she heard.

"You think your troops are ready?!" It was Coran. "Your men wouldn't even last a minute against the Galra."

Inside, Shiro and Coran were talking about battle.

"They completed their training Coran." Shiro shot back.

"Those boys are no fit to being soldiers than you being Captain." Coran said. "Once the general sees my report, your troops will never see battle."

Coran then began to walk away.

"We're not finished!" Shiro yelled.

"General Iverson Maybe your Guardian, but I am part of the Altean counsel." Coran said.

Shiro then left.

From outside, Green and Cricket heard everything. "No! I worked too hard to get Katie to where she needs to be to turn back now!" She says.

Katie watched Shiro walk away. "Hey Captain." She started. "How about I hold him while you punch!" She said as he kept walking..

"Well what it's worth, I think you make a great captain." She called out.

Shiro stopped walking for a second and proceeded.

Green looked at her. "I saw that!" She said. "You like him."

"What no!" Katie said.

"Yeah yeah right...." Green said as Katie began to walk away.

Green and cricket then ran to Coran's tent and watched him leave. They snuck in and Cricket began to type.

Cricket finished. Green looked over it and said. "Yeah just add a friendship circle. HELLO!! This is the army! Make it sound more urgent."

Cricket typed another paper. Green looked over the it. "Now thats what I'm talking about!" She said as she took off with the paper.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coran left the lake as the men were going crazy.

"Quiznacking ruffians!" He mumbled.
"I don't scream like a girl."

Just then.....

"Urgent news from the general!"

Coran let out a shriek as he turned.

There was a soldier on....a panda?

"What's the matter?! Ever seen a black and white before?" Green asked.

Coran took the paper and looked at the guy. "Who are you?" He asked.

"Excuse me! We're at war and you ask stupid questions like that?" Green said as the panda moved to walk away.

Coran looked at the letter and gasped.

He ran to Shiro's tent. "Captain! Urgent news from the general! We're needed at the front!"

Green and Cricket sat outside as they heard everything. "Pack your bags we're in for a ride."

MoonStar~