We're So in Love

-Eliza-

I sit in class and scribble dark lines onto my notes. It's incredibly boring, especially when they're telling me things I already know. I get lost in my thoughts in an instant.

It's been three weeks. Three weeks since John found out. Three weeks since Alex's panic attack. Three weeks.

Time goes by so quickly.

Alex and Angelica have become close friends. Alex and John hang out more and more. Peggy, Lafayette, and Hercules do almost everything together.

Then there's me. I know I've never been the type to try and grab the spotlight, but I just want to know what it's like to have friendships like that.

Well, I guess I do, I have John.

He'll come over everyday and ask if I've eaten, then will eat something with me. It's actually nice, I guess I just needed someone to care.
If only he knew what happened after I ate....

I look up at the window, it's snowing. I've been so cold lately. The snow isn't helping that either. I just want to be warm. I take the scarf around my neck and pull it tighter.

I receive a text from John. I grab my phone.

Jackie: Whatcha doing rn?
Eliza: I'm sitting in class, why?
Jackie: I was wondering if you'd wanna hang with me and the gang. We're going skating.
Eliza: Sure!! I'll be there in five
Jackie: you're in class tho
Eliza: I'll skip dumb dumb.

I excuse myself from class and make my way to Alex and Johns dorm. I let myself in with the key they gave me.
"John~" I sing
"Eliza~" he sings back
I walk in and am tackled by Peggy
"AND PEGGY"
"The Schuyler Sisters~" Alexander sings from the depths of the covers on his bed

"Are we ready to go?" I ask
"Yeah, lemme get Alex" walking over to Alex's bed. "I know it's cold, but Herc, Laf, and Angie are already there. C'mon Alex, let's go go go."
"But what if I fall!" Alex whines like a toddler.

I walk over to the bed and rip off the blankets revealing Alex in a tight ball.
"Alexander Hamilton, you come ice skating right now or else I'll-" I start
"Or else what?" Alex smirks "you're too kind to hurt anyone Liza."
"I'll sick Peggy on you" I saw narrowing my eyes. Peggy growls playfully
"I'm going!" Alexander says pulling himself out of the bed

————

We arrive at the skate rink, the cool air surrounding us. I have my own skates and so does Peggy, but John and Alex don't. I skate onto the rink to Angelica. After a while Alex makes his way onto the ice. John told me that he refused to skate with any assistance, but I can tell he's struggling. I skate over to him.

"Having trouble?" I ask him
"No! I'm fine. I like hugging the wall."
"Alex, you're gonna get removed from the rink if you don't start to skate."
"But how?" He asks me desperately

I take his arm and lead him away from the wall and begin to skate. I decide to let him figure it out for himself because I'm not the best at teaching. When we get to the turn, he tries to turn, but slams into the wall, I guide him once more. Soon he's gotten the hang of skating and holds my hand as we skate around the rink.

He's holding my hand

He's holding MY HAND

Before I know what's happening, I'm skating directly at Hercules and before I know it, me, Alex, and Hercules are laying on the ice.

People stare, but I'm too excited to realize what just happened.

Boy, you got me helpless.