Rewind

-Angelica's POV-

I remember that day I just might regret that day for the rest of my days. I remember those freshman boys tripping over themselves to win my praise. I remember that hazy dorm room light, like a dream that you can't quite place...

...But Alexander, I'll never forget the first time I saw your face. I have never been the same, intelligent eyes and a hunger pained frame, and when you said hi I forgot my dang name. Set my heart aflame, every part aflame, this is not a game.

Rewind

Lafayette pulled us out of our rooms, being the advisor for students has its quirks, I guess, we didn't even tell him our room number. He must've looked it up in the system.

Me and my sisters walk with Laf and Hercules to Johns room, apparently he's got a roommate that is 'oh so amazing' because he knows French.

When we get to the door, I decide to go first and bust in myself, when I see John, and who appears to be his roommate, just staring at each other.

"I hate to interrupt the eye sex, but Lafayette wanted me to meet your new roommate John, and I brought my sisters.
And Hercules." I say trying to jokingly break whatever tension is in the air

Johns roommate looks to me and gives a sheepish grin, and for a moment, time freezes.

I'm taken aback by his eyes and his whole demeanor. His eyes a golden brown and he has an ambition to him that only few have.

"I'm Alexander Hamilton," He says taking up my hand and kissing it.

Oh my god. Oh my goodness! Calm down. Be clever. Hide your blush girl, chill!

"Wow you're a flirt, or you're really stupid...."

.......

We only grew close after that. We talk on the phones for hours, text a bit. He was easy to talk too, easy to confide in.

This is what it felt like to match wits with someone at your level, what the hell is the catch? It's the feeling of freedom, of seein' the light, It's Ben Franklin with a key and a kite!
You see it, right?

The conversations lasted two hours, maybe three hours, Everything we said in total agreement, it's A dream and it's a bit of a dance
A bit of a posture, it's a bit of a stance

He's a bit of a flirt, but I'm 'a give it a chance
I asked about his nightmares, he told me his answer
His hands started fidgeting, he looked askance, He's been through a lot and he's flying by the seat of his pants

Handsome. Boy, does he know it?
Peach fuzz, and he can't even grow it!
I wanna take him far away from this place

...

John invited us to go skate, this is great! I'll finally be able to tell Alex what I've been thinking,

I think I love him.

No, I know I love him.

After skating for a few laps I decide to leave Alex in the rink to fall flat on his face with Eliza. She's trying to help him, of course, but it's fun to watch them fall.

After they leave the rink, Eliza pulls me into the girls restroom.

I see her eyes, her blush, her smile, I turn to see her face and...

"Angie, I'm helpless!"

Oh, I know she is-

"Helpless!"

And her eyes are just-

"Helpless!!"

"You are?" I ask her, trying to play it cool

"Yes! Alex! Oh my goodness, that boy is amazing! Angie, I think I love him. No, I KNOW I love him! Don't you know what that's like?"

Oh honey, I sure do...

...

I walk out of the bathroom, Eliza makes her way over to the concessions to buy some hot chocolate for Alexander. I see John and Alex talking to each other. John looks flustered

Oh no

"Hey John, can I talk to you for a moment?" I say with a small smile

I can tell he's pissed that I interrupted him trying to confess to Alexander.

"Sure, yeah. I'll be right back Alex" He says. His frustration showing through a bit

Alex just stands there, confused, but I can't focus on him for long because I have a job to do. I grab ahold of his arm and drag him to a tree in the distance.

"I need you to stop liking Alex." I tell him sternly
"Umm what?!" He exclaims  "that's awfully selfish of you Angie, I didn't even know you liked him"
"No- John, you don't understand, it's not me! It's Elizabeth." I sigh "she likes him and I- I don't want to see her hurt, I just want you to-"
"No Angie! I- I just... I can't just stop liking him! I was about to tell him that I love him, it's really hard to stop loving someone!"
"John please! It's not for me! It's for Eliza!" I say as I gesture towards Alex and Eliza having a conversation. Even from here, I can see the faint blush on Eliza's cheeks.
"Please"

....

Alex and I would never work anyway. From what he tells me, he's broke and doesn't come from a prominent family, so he would never meet our fathers standards for me. Eliza, however, would. It's hard for me to let him go, but I love my sister more that anything in this life, I will choose her happiness over mine, every time. She is one of the best things in my life.

At least Peggy isn't as difficult.

A/N
Sorry it's been awhile, but hey I had some free time so here ya go! A poorly written fanfic chapter lmao