0.9

"You study for hours and hours, and for what? You're going to pass anyway," Ashton rolled his eyes as he sat by Luke in free period. They were in the muggy library, and Ashton was watching Luke in interest as the teen studied for a simple quiz, as if it was the most important grade ever.

"If you put all your effort into something, than only good can come," Luke replied with a smile, placing a finished flashcard to the side, to write another one.

"That's not true Luke, if it were, than the world wouldn't be such a horrible place."

"Ashton, have you ever given it a try? Putting your full effort into something? You can't knock it until you try it."

"I have."

"And did you regret it?" Luke asked, watching as Ashton turned and looked at him with interest in his pretty ocean eyes.

"No...but it still makes me nervous. And the effort will all be nothing in the future. I don't like putting so much effort into something, because what if it ends up hurting you?"

Luke frowned at Ashton's negative statement, "I understand your fear, but, you're never going to experience the true amazing things in life if you live too scared to do anything."

"Luke you're putting all your effort into studying, and I can already see the bags under your eyes. I wouldn't call that amazing."

"Yeah, but this going to lead me to graduating top of the class, and being able to become an officer."

Ashton chuckled at Luke which made his heart beat a bit faster, and he became slightly self conscious. He kissed Luke's cheek which made the teen flush a bright red, before standing up and walking out of the muggy library. Leaving Luke flustered, and unable to focus on his studies.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:

Luke woke up that morning, and of course Ashton was gone. Where he went was unknown to the twink, but he chose not to let it bother him as much as it did last time. It took a toll on his mood for a whole entire day, and then led to an amazing handjob but that's not what mattered.

He stood up and looked at his clock, noticing that he had woken up slightly later than usual, and wouldn't be able to take his usual long hot shower. He took a fast one, simply cleaning his body and making sure he smelt good for work.

Afterward, running his hands through his long curly hair a few times, it didn't need that much effort to look good, which he enjoyed. He got dressed into his uniform, and sprayed a small amount of cologne on himself. Sighing as he walked out of the house, and got into his car, driving to work tiredly. Not having enough time to stop for coffee, he would have to just get the cheap break room stuff. He parked his car, and walked into the station. Punching in, and covering his mouth with his hand so he could yawn without gaining attention.

"Someone's tired," Calum teased from behind Luke, taking a sip from his cup of coffee. Luke glared at him grumpily, making Calum chuckle at his friend and co-worker.

"We're going to question a few more suspects today. Well not me, you and Chris." Calum stated, watching as Luke had to resist groaning and putting his head in his hands. It was going to be one of those days.

"Did they send in the forensic samples?" Luke asked, knowing those samples would help in proving Ashton's innocence. He had faith in Ashton being innocent, and though everyone else was skeptical, Luke truly felt Ashton couldn't possibly commit a crime like this.