2.1

"You look beautiful today," a voice stated, as a shadow walked closer to Luke. The blonde turning towards the voice to see Ashton, his graduation garb was looking sharp from the assistance of his mother even though it had taken ages for him to find a crappy torn up one in a thrift shop. The actual graduation garbs were very expensive, and Ashton simply couldn't afford them.

A blush covered Luke's cheeks, "you look really handsome today." Finding it fascinating how close the two of them were, but how both of them refused to be anything more than really good friends, "will you keep in contact after graduation?"

Biting his lip, Ashton moved closer to Luke. "Don't ask silly questions regarding the future. I could answer yes or no, but either one could be a lie. Just allow the world to play out the way it will."

Luke frowned, "but- don't you expect us to keep contact? You can predict things you know."

"The only prediction I have Luke is that we should go our separate ways for now. I am only going to cause you trouble, might even get you killed."

Luke stared at Ashton's hazels with tears building up in his eyes, "you can't just all of sudden leave me! We're best friends Ashton-."

"Goodbye, Luke."

The bent down and placed a single white rose in front of Luke, before turning and walking away to go back to the stage and get his diploma. He had expected to actually graduate before he had met Luke he had simply planned to drop out, but the teen kept him going throughout the years, and here he was now.

Luke clutched his graduation robe with hot tears running down his cheeks as he saw the punk walk away. This wasn't going to be the last they saw of each other or the last of what they had. Luke swore that to himself.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:

Ashton was dressed in a white dress shirt and black dress pants he had found in a thrift shop. He was glad he was able to find such formal attire, seeing as he never had been able to afford such high quality nice looking clothing. To him, his nicest piece of clothing was his leather jacket. He had a lawyer which had been appointed to him due to him not being able to afford one for himself, but the lawyer didn't seem to care much about Ashton's fate; whether he be guilty or innocent.

His lawyer was driving, and he was in the passenger seat, the sky outside was grey and he could feel the depression radiating from the atmosphere. The car was dead silent, and all he could think of was Luke, and how he wished the man would wake up.

The punk had visited the hospital before the trial, but to no avail, no reaction came from Luke. While staring at the beautiful man, he felt his throat getting tighter and his face getting hotter from the tears that forced themselves down his cheeks.

"Wake up," he whispered, caressing Luke's skin. Patting his dress shirt so it looked less wrinkly. "I don't want you to have to wake up and be alone, I don't want you to wake up in a world where Calum is a free man." Choking on a sob, Ashton made his leave after kissing Luke's forehead. His lawyer calling him and scolding for him to hurry, as they were on a tight schedule. A sigh left his lips, and he looked at Luke one more time before leaving. Hating to leave Luke all alone, but he truly had no choice.

Now, sitting in the black Mercedes, his stomach felt it was doing backflips and he had never felt such as an extreme amount of nausea. Ashton was practically begging whatever god- or superior being out there that may here him to keep him from puking in the expensive luxury vehicle due to how overwhelmed he was. He wasn't even the courtroom and he was already prepared to humiliate himself in front of someone considered to be better than him. If only Luke was here.