1.4

Sweat was dripping down the side of his head, mixed with blood as Calum had taken a knife to his face. Luke knew he would have many scars left from this experience, but he had the strong hope that he would get out of it.

"Screw you Calum," Luke spat out blood in Calum's face, his ex-best friend out of his officer uniform and laughing at Luke's reaction, slapping Luke face harshly. His cheek stinging, his eyes shutting from the pain eating away at his confidence.

Calum's laugh echoed around the dark room, "doesn't it concern you that you may never see Ashton again, that he's going to rot in prison not knowing whatever happened to you. And you're going to die as all those people did, you're just going to be another file in the case that goes cold. Maybe when the cops find your body, I should make it all dramatic like hanging you from the side of a building." Calum smirked, watching Luke try to break out of his restraints.

The blonde officer knew he shouldn't let Calum's words get to him, but of course, they made their way into his mind and made him think. They scared him, terrified him even. And his anxiety was bringing him near insanity. Thoughts racing, never stopping, and all he wanted to do was tell Ashton he was okay, even though he wasn't.

Luke trailed his blue eyes to Calum's pocket, watching as the phone within his jeans pocket began ringing. Calum letting out an overdramatic sigh as placed the knife down on the black cart next to Luke, and took off his black gloves. Answering the phone call from the police station with his facade of a personality.

"Do I know where Luke is? I know he had a shift today, I'm shocked he didn't come in. He's been sick the past few days, did you check the hospital to see if maybe he's getting the rest he needs?" Calum said into the phone, his body turned in a way so he could see Luke's expression turned to one of anger upon Calum lying to the people who could save him.

Luke began yelling, his throat feeling raw from all the crying out in pain he had been doing. He hoped the cop talking to Calum would hear him, but he knew Calum probably would cover his cries for help. It was useless but, on the other side of that phone, in that police station was Ashton.

"Oh, what's the yelling? I'm watching some random horror movie," The dangerous man laughed into the phone, no one would ever think of Calum of a murderer. Luke was stuck unless he could somehow get himself out of this situation. His blue eyes glanced down toward the knife, but with his hands restricted, it would be impossible for him to reach the knife without Calum noticing him when he was just a foot away. Calum turned around entirely, his back facing Luke's emotionless face.

The blonde officer irrationally took the chance and shot his hand out to the grab the sharp knife. His whole body jutting forward due to the chains around his body, and the cuffs holding his wrists together. It wasn't an easy task to grab the knife, and the sharp side ended up cutting the palm of his hand. Luke biting his lip roughly before he could wince, listening to Calum talk on the phone in a joking manner, as if Luke wasn't right behind him, covered in dark bruises and red cuts and deep gashes. Luke began to question what the hell this knife would do for him, it's not like he could cut the chains or handcuffs off his body. But, it was the only thing he had which could provide him with some self-defense.

Calum may have droned on for hours, and it only angered Luke. The asshole had him chained up in his basement, a few drops of blood on shoes, and was talking cheerfully to the station, while Luke was stuck watching his escape be ruined. The serial killer turned, saying a goodbye to the officer speaking to him, before hanging up the phone and slipping it back into the front pocket of his jeans. Calum grabbed his gloves and slipped them back on, going to grab the knife and seeing that it was not where he had put it. He looked at Luke because he wasn't an idiot. They were both cops, and of course Luke had decent survival skills due to that.