Au Revoir, Marinette! (prologue)

Marinette's P.O.V.

"Pound it!" We both yelled fist pumping after saving another civilian that was akumatised. I held out a hand to her as she looked around confused. Just as she got on her feet Mine and Chat's miraculouses beeped. "Until next time bugaboo!" He said followed by a flirty wink as he ran off. I stared at him for a second, after all, this is the last time I will get to fight along side him. With a sad sigh I swinged onto the school's rooftop just as I transformed back. Tikki flew out and I hugged her immediately. I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes. "Don't cry Marinette!" She says as she hugs back. I wipe my eyes and giggle at her adorableness. "I'm gonna miss you. You were always there for me, you and Alya." I say as I make my way to the staircase. "Heh, and I never had a chance to tell Adrien about my feelings." I say, looking at the poster of him on the street. "Maybe you could tell him before you go!" Tikki says, her voice didn't sound as cheerful as it normally was. I shake my head, "I need to move on, by the way mum explained it to me I'm probably not coming back." I say as I reach the handle to my house's door. Tikki quickly hides in my purse. The house was mostly empty, with everything neatly packed away in large brown boxes. From what I heard another family is going to move in after about a week or two. Mum gave me a sad and apologetic smile as I entered the house. I went over and hugged her before making my way up to my room. Alya was gonna meet me at the airport before we board. Sighing I get to work to pack the last few bits in my room.

● ■ ● ■

"Marinette! Are you almost done honey?" Mum asks from downstairs as I carry one last box down. "Almost, I just need to return something. I'll be back in 10 minutes!" I say as I run outside and make my way to Master Fu's house.

Outside the door, I look at Tikki before giving her one last hug goodbye. Then I take off my earrings and put them back in the box in which I found them for the first time. Taking a deep breath, I knock. The short old man opens the door and smiles at me. "Hello Marinette." I smile sadly before handing him the box, I've informed him yesterday that I will be leaving. He calmly set the box on the bed and turned to me. "You were an amazing ladybug, Marinette. And what you're doing is very mature and I adore that about you. Have a safe trip." He says before hugging me. "Thank you master Fu, it was my pleasure."

■ ● ■ ●

Setting down my suitcase, I make my way over to Alya, she was a crying mess. I look at her and gave a sad but reassuring smile. "Alya, don't cry! I'll be okay. You wouldn't want this to go on your ladyblog would you?" I joke as she ignores it and topples me in a hug. I laugh but I could feel my tears streaming down my face too. "We're going to miss you, Marinette."

We say our last goodbyes as the speaker announces that our plane is boarding now. I turn and wave at her one last time. "Au Revoir, Paris."