Character Development/OP Characters

As a hardcore Fairy Tail Fan, I can say that the anime itself is still great despite of its toxic fandom.

Lucy Stans and hateful people can't change the way I feel about the loving family Hiro Mashima has presented.

However, there are lots of flaws in the anime.

For example, character development.

I think that the best examples of character development were for Wendy, Juvia, Gajeel, and Laxus.

Everyone else literally didn't change or learn their lesson.

Natsu is a great character, but he never actually changed, learned, or grew. Sure, he grew in power, but what about mentality?

Lucy is a whole different story. She did grow up in a tough household, but think about Erza and Gray first. She grew up to be a thot. There is your character development. A sad, lonely child to a thot who sells her body to get keys. When her father passed, she changed a bit. But then, after a couple of episodes, she was back to her preppy self.

Erza had slight character development. From a cold, isolated girl, to a confident and fierce woman. However, that was only because she was shy and timid from her Tower of Heaven experience.

After she got over it and made friends, she was OP (overpowered) ever since. We seriously need more fights for other people other than Erza and Natsu.

Wendy was a shy girl who always hid behind others and had low self esteem. Unlike others, she changed as a child, not when she grew up. She even learned to fight.

Juvia, Laxus, and Gajeel character development is obvious. They went from villains to heroes. They learned their lesson, and they did my just change because they grew up.

Also, no one ever points this out, but...

HOW THE HECC DOES NATSU ALWAYS WIN EVERY FIGHT? AND ERZA TOO!

Well, here's my three main points:

Protagnist shield/power (why only for these two, though?)

•Motivational speeches that somehow give them power "If that's what I have to do to keep my guild safe..."

•Overuse of "I'll never give up!"

Of course, some of these mostly apply to Natsu more than Erza.

When I started the anime, it was great. It gave the characters a sense of determination and a fierce personality. It made me realize how much they would really do to protect their family.

But then, it started getting bland. Every fight, it was the same.

Natsu's losing. Oh no! What ever can we do?! 

 Oh no! What ever can we do?! 

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Fairy Tail Rants & Anti Lucy/NaLuजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें