06

Casey’s POV

                It took approximately .005 seconds to realize what I had just done and another .01 seconds to hastily pull away, taking a few steps back.

                “Oh my god, I’m so sorry,” I whispered, horrified with myself. I averted my eyes to the ground hiding my face in my hands.

                What did I do?? Why did I do that? I never kiss random boys like that! Okay, Dakota’s not random, but I barely know him! Wait – I’ve never kissed a guy in general before! Oh my gosh that was my first kiss!

                I was so focused on my thoughts and my embarrassment that it took me a while to register someone talking to me.

                “Casey? Are you okay? Casey, what’s wrong?” I peeked through my fingers to see Dakota staring at me intently, worry written all over his face. I just bit my lip and shook my head unable to respond. “Casey,” his voice grew softer, “is it me? What did I do wrong? I’m sorry, okay, for whatever I did..”

                My eyes widened, and I immediately removed my hands from my face, looking him in the eyes.

                “No! It’s not you at all! I’m sorry for making you think that, it’s me, it’s totally me,” I spoke quickly, feeling guilty.

                He bit his lip, looking unsure of what he was going to say next. “Was I.. bad?”

                “EWWW! Nicky, they already did it! They barely know each other!” We both jumped at the sound of the voice, and I’m pretty sure Dakota squealed a little in surprise.

                Wait, I know that voice.

                Sure enough, I turned to see Oliver and Nick looking guilty as hell behind some bushes.

                “Err.. I can explain,” Nick said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. Oliver however just looked disgusted.

                Ollie poked Nick. “Nicky can you believe that they already did it! Ugh I’m so glad it was over by the time we got here, if we had to see that, I’m pretty sure I’d be scar—“

                “Enough Ollie!” Dakota roared, his face cherry red. Mine wasn’t far off either, I could practically feel beads of sweat rolling down my face I was so embarrassed.

                Ollie looked at Dakota with wide eyes. “What? I’m just saying-”

                “Shut up!” Dakota and I shouted at the same time. We looked at each other, smiles trying to appear on both of our faces.

                Giving us a sly look, Ollie smiled, then shrugged before folding his arms. “Fine, fine. I’ll be quiet.”

                “Thank you,” Dakota muttered.

                “Just don’t let me catch you doing the naughty!” Ollie added in with a mischievous grin.

                Dakota groaned. “We didn’t, Ollie. Can you just let me talk?! We didn’t do anything!”

                “Then what were you saying about –“

                “Nick!” Dakota interrupted, looking pointedly at his brother. Nick nodded knowing exactly what Dakota was trying to say. I think we all got the message, except Ollie apparently.