07

Casey’s POV

                My mind was in a complete fog, I couldn’t even remember walking back from the park.

                But the next thing I knew – I was groggily sitting up in bed, my alarm clock blaring.

                “What happened?” I mumbled in a coarse voice. Rubbing at my eyes, I squinted to make out the numbers on my clock.

                6:30am.

                “Mom!” I called, panicked. How is it already morning?! What did I do last night? All I remember is that hallucination… then what?

                There was a big gap in my memory, and I was hoping someone could clear it up.

                “Mom!” I yelled again, more urgently this time. I was freaking out – I had no idea what happened since yesterday afternoon. That was definitely not normal, even for me.

                “What? What is it?” My mom poked her head into my room, looking me over. “Are you feeling okay honey? You look a bit pale.” She stepped into my room, walking over and feeling my forehead. “You’re kind of warm..”

                I gently pushed her hand away. “I’m not sick mom, I’m just a little confused. What happened yesterday? How did I get home? I was at the park, and then – “

                “The park?” she asked incredulously. “Casey, you weren’t at the park, some nice boys dropped you off after school.” She checked my forehead again. “Are you sure you’re feeling okay? You’re not sick?”

                I nodded my head vigorously, but I couldn’t seem to wrap my head around this. “What? I wasn’t? Who dropped me off? What time?”

                She shrugged. “I think their names were Nick and Oscar? I think? They came around 4pm yesterday and said that you had stayed late with them for a bit of tutoring.”

                “Nick and Oliver?” Now I was really confused. Why would they drop me off, and why couldn’t I remember anything? More importantly, when did I agree to let them tutor me?

                “Ah! Yes, those were their names. Such sweet boys,” she commented.

                I however just rubbed at my temples, gnawing on my lower lip. “But I could’ve sworn I saw them at the park.. then again that could’ve all been a hallucination. Dakota would never act like that, he’s actually normal. Then what happened? Why can’t I remember being tutored?” I muttered to myself, staring at my bed comforter.

                “Are you sure you’re alright? Have you already taken your medicine?” my mom questioned again, her tone worrisome.

                I closed my eyes, waving her off. “Yeah, I’m fine. I’ll take it now,” I told her, grabbing the orange pill bottles and downing a couple pills.

                “Alright,” she replied with uncertainty. “Just.. let me know if you’re feeling ill, okay?”

                I nodded. “Okay, mom.”

                She walked out of my room, and I left soon after, heading towards the bathroom. I leaded against the counter, looking into the mirror.

                “What’s wrong with me,” I asked myself glumly. My reflection stared back, and all I saw was a normal looking person. “Why can’t I just be a normal teenager?”  I frowned. “And what happened yesterday? I’ll have to ask Nick and Ollie about it..” I mumbled, shaking my head a bit.