Nereus Cottage

Percy P.O.V

I hopped on a late night train to Montauk as soon as I could get out of the War Council. After getting off the train, I wandered through Montauk to find the cottage my family usually rented. The only people out that late were those you didn't want to run into at any time. I shot them warning glances to say "I've dealt with scarier bastards than you. However tough you are, I'm tougher."
I thought about Jason the entire time. A part of me wanted to damn him for being a pig-headed idiot who always had to play the hero. Jason was the most notoriously honorable guy in New York. He would do anything for his friends, up to and including risking his own neck. Now he was throwing his life to prevent war with the Titans.
Jason was the type of person who always did the noble thing but hardly ever the smart thing. A smart man would never have gotten himself in a situation like this in the first place.
I tried to wrap my head around a way out of this mess that didn't involve sacrificing Jason but plotting and strategy were never my strong suit. Each possibility seemed like slicing the head off of a hydra: one problem was cut off only to have more sprout up in its place.
A/N a song which reminds me of what Percy is probably feeling is "Sonya Alone" from Pierre, Natasha, and the Great Comet Of 1812. Both Percy and Sonya are worried that their friend is going to do something stupid that will ruin their lives.

"I heard rumors that Atlas Titan is going to meet up with some associates in Quebec," Nico told us as we left his father's house, "That should buy Grace some time."
A/N I've just gotten back from spending five weeks studying French in Quebec. I can't wait to geek out in the following chapters.
Very little happened in New York without the little guy knowing about it. He moved about in the shadows and saw and heard everything.
"Then I guess I'm going to Quebec," Jason said, "No use delaying the inevitable."
"Catch the bastard off guard, good idea," I answered.
"Why don't you come with me? I'll need your support. Bring Annabeth along, we'll make a vacation of it."
"I promised Ma that I'd spent some time with her in Montauk. Give me a week to unwind first but I'm in."
Jason shook my hand.
"It's a deal."
"I'll talk to Annabeth. We need to bring someone along who speaks French."

A/N another Jason and Percy song is Pop Rocks and Coke by Green Day.

Our cottage was a little, grey shingled box perched up the sand dunes near Half-Blood Cove, an old fisherman's shack fixed up for tourists. It had a small yard fenced in by blueberry bushes and a dirt path leading down to the beach.

 It had a small yard fenced in by blueberry bushes and a dirt path leading down to the beach