Perseus and Andromeda

Reyna P.O.V

The bullet that had landed in my hip was easy to get out and the wound was shallow.
"You'll be back on your feet in no time," Dr. Asclepius told me after the bullet was removed (which hurt like a bitch) and the wound was cleaned and bandaged.
Hylla was the first to visit me. She brought along a comfortable pair of blue cotton pajamas for me to change into.

 She brought along a comfortable pair of blue cotton pajamas for me to change into

"I'm proud of you, hermanita," she said, "You were great back there."
"At least I got a scar and a good story out of it," I laughed.
"Speaking of scars, when do you think they'll let you out of here?"
"Probably by the end of the day."
"Are you hungry? Can I get you anything?"
"I'm starving and I could really go for a black coffee and an everything bagel with cream cheese and locks from Amsel's."
Amsel's was a Jewish deli near where Hylla and I lived.
"Will be right back. By the way, the Graces are here to see you as well."
Hylla exited through the curtains which separated each of the beds in the emergency room. Piper, Jason, and Thalia entered the same way. Piper was wearing the same green and blue chiffon dress she been wearing the night before. Thalia wore a dark blue pantsuit and a ruffled white blouse.

 Thalia wore a dark blue pantsuit and a ruffled white blouse

"Thanks for saving my little brother," she said, producing a flask from the pocket of her coat, "You'll need some medicine

"Thanks for saving my little brother," she said, producing a flask from the pocket of her coat, "You'll need some medicine."
I took the flask, opened it, and breathed in the sweet perfume of Jack Daniels whiskey.
"Thanks," I replied.
Thalia winked and smirked.
"Well, if you excuse me, I have to pop in to see Annabeth."
Jason was the next to approach with a bouquet of yellow lilies.
"These are lovely," I said, taking a sniff of the sweet-smelling flowers, "I'll ask the nurse for a vase of water when she comes back."
"I thought you could use something cheerful to look at while you're here," Jason answered.
"Thankfulness."
"Don't you mean, thanks?"
"No, thankfulness. That's what yellow lilies mean."
"I guess it's an appropriate gift then. If it hadn't been for you, I might be dead by now."
"I doubt it. Titan's goon was a lousy shot. He only managed to graze my hip."
"But still, you jumped in front of me."
"Perhaps I've always been a little in love with you."
A/N this is a reference to Eponine's final line in the novel Les Miserables "And do you know Monsieur Marius? I believe I was a little in love with you." Eponine also takes a bullet for her unrequited love but with a less fortunate outcome.
Jason bent down and kissed my forehead.
"Get better, Reyna."
Piper put a hand on her husband's broad shoulder.
"Jason," she said, "Would you go see if you can get me a glass of water."
Sensing that Piper wanted to speak with me in private, Jason respectful backed out of the room but hovered behind the curtain in case he needed to intervene.
"I know you have feelings for him," Piper continued.
"Why should it matter," I scowled, "He chose you over me."
She sat down on the hospital bed next to me.
"Reyna, you are a strong, beautiful, amazing person. You'll find someone. When it's meant to happen, it will..."
I knew Piper meant well, so I resisted the urge to laugh in her face. What she had just said was one of the stupidest things I'd ever heard.
"...Until then, you have people who care about you: your sister, Nico Di Angelo, as well as Jason and me. I hope you will consider me a friend."
"You could charm the moon out of the sky, Piper McLean."
She laughed and handed over a box of chocolates.
"I brought this for you..."
I opened the box and took out a dark chocolate ganache truffle.
"Thanks. Would you like one?"
"Don't mind if I do."
Piper's present soon disappeared. One of the perks of spinsterhood is that you can eat as many truffles as you want without having to worry about losing your figure. I didn't know if I was ever going to find love or if Piper's words were just meaningless cliches. At least, I was alive to find out, which was something to be grateful for.