Medea's Antiques

Annabeth P.O.V

I wished I could have thrown myself back into renovating Nereus Cottage but I was distracted by other things. Percy's life was in danger and there I was, safe and sound in Montauk with nothing to do but pick out paint shades.
The summer had started with such high hopes. Percy and I finally admitted our feelings for each other and decided to act on them. I hadn't been sure of what would happen when we met up at The Lotus Hotel, but I asked a married friend of mine to pick up diaphragms for me and show me how to use them.

A/N Birth control had become available to women by the 1920s but the implication was that it would only be used by married women looking to avoid having more children than they could afford. Sexually liberated flappers could get past this by asking their married friends to pick up birth control for them or by donning a fake wedding ring during trips to birth control clinics.

I had been in love with Percy since I was twelve, so having my first time be with him felt like the right thing to do.
Percy had rented a room from the night at the Lotus Hotel. After cocktails and dancing at the Ogygia, he lead me there.
"Sure you're not afraid to be seen with someone like me?" He asked me.
"You're not as tough as you think you are, Seaweed Brain," I answered, standing on the tips of my toes to kiss him.
"I'm a dangerous man, Annabeth. Every guy in the Titans wants to kill me"
"Do you think I give a damn about the Titans?"
"The guys and I are leaving on another rum run tomorrow night."
"Be careful, you how I'm scared to death whenever you go off on a job."
"I'll be back by the end of the weekend; I'll call you to let you know I'm safe."
"I'm spending the weekend in Montauk with my parents. Call me at their house there."
"What would your parents think of me calling you?"
"They don't have to know, just like they don't have to know I was here tonight."
Percy picked me up and carried me over the threshold old of the hotel room. Back on my feet, I reached up to stroke his cheek.
"Be careful," I whispered to him, "I'm scared of losing you."
"I'm scared of losing me too," Percy quipped.
"I'm serious. I've set my mind on having a future with you, Seaweed Brain. I don't know what I'd do with myself if something were to happen to you."
We sat down on the bed and Percy took my hands in his.
"Nothing's going to happen to me. Hell, its self couldn't keep me from coming back to you."
He put an arm around me; I rested my head on his shoulder.
"You said, you wanted a future with me. What does that future include?"
"Just stay alive, Percy, and I'll figure it out from there."
"Sounds like a deal."
I kissed him harder and threw my arms around his neck; he pulled me close by my waist and kissed me back. Percy lightly pushed me onto the bed, so that he was on top of me, and undid the buttons on my dress and the hooks of my underwear. We lay naked next to each other, blushing with shyness.

What followed was one of the greatest experiences of my life